Originally Posted By: Lon
6 hours of digging roots - all done

I moved real slow and cannot imagine being in that much pain for the coming days. But it is done!!!!

Niki and I dug more beets, picked tomatoes and a few green beans.
What a blessed man I am.

Go team! Steve- you are amazing! Ladies, what an inspiration you are.

Good job Lon! cheerleader

Originally Posted By: Orch
My neurologist changed up the medication I am taking. I am a little dizzy so I don't dare run until I get used to the medication.

Exactly the right thing to do! No running while dizzy! cheerleader

Originally Posted By: The_Inflammator
Well, after a few months of higher AS activity despite regular running, I've introduced a new (old) activity which has gotten my symptoms back under control: Weightlifting.

I cut back on running and started going to the gym twice a week:
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: 5 mile run
Thursday: Weightlifting (Bench, pullups, squats, machines, crunches, back)
Friday: off
Saturday: 8 mile run
Sunday: Weightlifting (same except replace squats with lunges)

I also stationary bike about 3 miles as a cool down on weightlifting days. I think the wider variety of activities helps control my symptoms better than just running. I'm basically back to my weekly workout before my AS symptoms even started.

I can basically do everything at the gym as long as I avoid the one activity which started my AS symptoms in the first place: the decline sit-up

Good job working out and, that's awesome great news that you're back to normal! cheerleader

Originally Posted By: fergus
Went to the gym on Monday and did some weights. Then I cycled home. Happy days.

Lots of sun sun sun

Good job working out and biking! cheerleader

Sounds idyllic!

Originally Posted By: Sue22
Hi everyone! roll

so busy, not fitting in a daily walk.

however today, on my feet in the teaching lab, running around from 1 pm til 6 pm, non-stop. not aerobic exercise per se, but not sitting either.

LOL Sue! I'm pretty sure that walking for 5 hours a day counts! cheerleader

As for me I'm swimming 30 minutes every other day, riding my trike to the pool and around town when it's sunny and not too warm. This weekend was painful and stressful with two events back to back on Friday & Saturday nights. Thanks to some self care and self pacing, I made it through. Right now I'm in bed posting this and then going to read the paper and watch TV!

Go TEAM! clap

And... here's another silly exercise vid featuring a kitty cat.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!