Originally Posted By: WendyR
I was doing that but learned in one of my RA books why that isn't a good idea - I'll try and find it this evening. It's alright for short periods I think. I'll look for the reason and post it in this thread.

i'd be curious as well, as its really the only way i can sleep. well, i've modified it a bit. was sleeping with two pillows directly under knees, bowlegged to release the stress to the trochanter area (torn tendon/ligament attachment there) and after a year of sleeping like that, developed bad hamstring tendonitis (the entheses behind the knee, attachment site at that end). the doctors / chiro / PT thought that the way i was sleeping might have contributed. so now i use two thinner pillows and put them so i have just the slightest amount of pelvic tilt and raised heels off the bed. been doing this for awhile now and so far it seems ok, but if its causing issues down the road, i'd like to be aware of that.

thanks,

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)