I've found the perfect exercise for me, can't do running because my left ankle has been chewed up by AS, also my left foot, and now my right foot is acting up, so I swim laps, weightless, good cardiovascular workout, doesn't hurt my joints or my back. I swim for about 20 minutes and then do pool aerobics, and use gallon water jugs with varying amounts of water in them to do a pool weight workout. So it's about 45 minutes a day. Of course this is easier to do for me now because I live in Florida and have a pool right out my back door But seriously, if you have access to a pool, give it a try. I gained 25 pounds over the course of a year when I had a ruptured disc and then a major flare which didn't end until I started on Arava, and the weight gain is now history, I'm back to my normal size. Prednisone is notorious for putting on the pounds! Have you considered asking your rheumy to try one of the new disease modifiers? I take nothing now but Arava and Soma (a muscle relaxer I use at night), no pain pills, no NSAIDS.

Cheryl

Dogs know how to listen

My guy If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. Author Unknown