Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#515998 10/14/16 04:00 PM
P
Pdaga Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
P
Hey Guys,
I have started the LSD, it's been 2 weeks but I hv not been able to find much relief. Not sure what I m not doing right here is a brief regimen ( as I m a vegetarian) I realise options are few

My diet includes - fruits, almonds, dried fruits like dates, walnuts, dried berries, pomegranate,apple,pear , cottage cheese,buttermilk, salads,avacado . I experimented with quinoa and sorghum a few days back but the pain was the same.. to be honest I started the diet with only papaya n fruits the whole day and I was able to realise the difference on day one. But since then I have had no major relief in the pain , I m also feeling weak as I have not been taking any supplements at all.

Your inputs on this regard will help

Brief background: I was diagnosed with AS in 2008, and I have been managing with homeopathy,ayurveda and I practice yoga everyday.. currently I have a Little stoop on my upper back and my neck has limited movement. In 2010 I had gone through a hip replacement for my right hip which was severely damaged due to AS.

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
I'm new here, and new on the diet, so I don't regard myself as any kind of authority! I've been lucky to find immediate and enormous benefit on the diet - three weeks ago I found life barely worth living my pain was so severe, and most nights I was getting one to three hours sleep.

I've found that cowsmilk products affect me badly. I have found a really great full fat Goatsmilk Yoghurt - the fact that it is full cream helps to fill me up and satisfy me. You might find it worth trying... Also you don't mention eggs in your diet - they could probably help to give you more protein and make you not so weak! I find brazil and macadamia nuts quite filling. A breakfast that I enjoy and keeps me going is a mixture of nuts and seeds (some ground, some whole), a very small quantity of dried fruit for sweetness, all soaked overnight, in the morning I add berries and yoghurt, and recently also a teaspoon of coconut oil. This fills me and sustains me till lunch.

I made the mistake of having some quinoa a few days after I started the diet and paid a terrible price in terms of pain. Likewise with butternut and chickpeas - all mistakes I made in the first two weeks. I'm now strictly no starch for now - low starch was not enough for me.

I hope my suggestions are helpful - good luck!

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.
P
Pdaga Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
P
Thank you! And good luck to you too!!

S
Sly Offline
New_Member
New_Member
S
I'm also quite new on the strict NSD. Almost a month now. I've felt pretty weak as well.

It seems the explanation is that starch is stored energy that the body can run on for a long time. Opposite of sugar, which is a short instant burst of energy. So without starch, you may have to snack more in between meals to keep energy levels up.

You might want to be aware of too much sugar though. It sounds like you eat a lot of fruit? If you have a flare with lots of inflammation, sugar may worsen it.

I drink herbal tea all day, and snack a little nuts and dried fruits. I feel that it is working okay for me.

Just my noob view. All the best to you smile

HLAB27+, DX AS 2015, first flare 2001
Fused SI joints, degenerated discs in lower back
Daily exercise: Iyengar yoga, ashtanga mysore
NSD and supplements, no meds
P
Pdaga Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
P
Thank you Sly will definitely try this.. btw I m off sugar now n feeling better

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
I've found that having a small amount of a healthy oil or fat with my meal really makes a difference in terms of sustaining me and keeping my strength up. I don't need very much, but have a bit of virgin coconut oil or butter with my breakfast, or add more extra virgin olive oil to my salads than I might have done previously,etc. My first few days on NSD I struggled to make it from one meal to the next - I felt weak and ravenous. This has made a massive difference.

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Maybe the nuts are a problem.I can not eat many nuts or I flare up. However I have not tried soaking them yet, that helps some folks with our condition.

Have you tried juicing greens, such as collards, celery and cucumbers in a juicer. I do it once a day and it makes a REAL difference when I forget. The enzymes are similar to what is in your gut already. Also when I clean my juicer it is goey and reminds me of what our gut should be coated with . It is a way to get many nutrients into our body with one drink. Three carrots, 1/2 cucumber, 2 stalks celery and one apple all in one drink, it would be hard to eat all of it at one sitting.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Fruit fast - your initial relief is something we have many times experienced here on a fruit fast. For me it took three days of fruit and water, so you are quite lucky to get there on day one! A good sign that your body is able to right itself quickly once you get your diet right.

Just remember that you can repeat this any time! One or two days of grapes oranges pears apples melons papaya and water. After that you can test food one by one and see how you go.

Dairy - as others have said .. it is a problem for many. Yoghurt and cheese is better but even then it can sometimes be a problem.

Have you gotten the hang of baking using almond flour?
https://sites.google.com/site/cureankylosingspondylitis/recipes/almond-meal-recipes

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 47 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM