i tend to agree with you. its both unfortunate for the person who is dx'ed with it who doesn't have it and unfortunate for those who genuinely have it.

i'm hoping that there is more and more research and thus understanding that it will thus be easier and easier to dx it properly.

over the years, i too had spent a lot of time learning about fibro, since it was brought up so often. but the more i read about it, the more i just didn't think it fit. a real clincher was our dean of women students at my former university; she had been dx'ed with fibro, shared all of her research, and she and i were so different in what we were tackling, and she really did sound like she fit the bill. i just remember for her, the unrelenting fatigue and all over body pain. my pain was much more localized, spread throughout my body, but i could pinpoint the exact spots (what i now know to be entheses) where i hurt, and it was so cycle (what i now know to be flares).

like with many newly discovered diseases / conditions, for the longest time, no one is dx'ed with it, then too many people are. but over time it balances out.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)