Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
We have a Kingsdown and love it to pieces! It's a bit expensive but they are gaurenteed for life and can be exchanged for a different model if your needs change down the line. (presuming there are no rips tears stains etc...)
I also have a down feather bed on top, it seems to keep me in a cushioned little pocket when I sleep and it's not so hard to sleep on my side that way.

~ JillyJilly
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Hi there
I've been sleeping on a queensize TempurPedic for over 2 years and I absolutley love it ...it was my 4th mattress in 3 years..until I found the tempur I dreaded going to bed , but now I go to bed early...it's a little warm but I've put a topper/pad on top of it and now its just the right tempur-ature

good luck
Jimmy

I've got AS, and the only prescription is "more cowbell"
Hey Jeff,
I have an air mattress (ie. "Sleep Number") Mine is a King Size and has seperate controls for each side of the bed. After sleeping on waterbeds for years this is even more comfortable for me.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
I use a king size stearns and foster plaza edition. best mattress i've ever been on. i actually look forward to being horizontal now...

O
oms Offline
Active_Member
Active_Member
O
I had to go with an extra firm mattress. I tried a pillow top and kept waking up with problems. The memory foam also left me feeling 'locked up'. Everyone is different. I would suggest trying to find a mattress from a company that lets you return it if you're not happy after a few days. It was a huge search to find what works for me.

-Oliver

A
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
A
Oh I'm so glad to see this post! I was also wondering about mattresses.

My Rheumy said that more than likely a harder mattress would be better for me.

Is that what everyone has found out? I think my mattress is okay...but maybe I would sleep better if it was a little firmer...

Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
We got the Tempurpedic Mattress through Direct Buy-best bed yet, and will never give it up. All the best...

Blessings, Sigrid
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Bronze_AS_Kicker
I too have struggled in the last few years about beds..... what a fortune! I was on an Obus Forme bed and was good for a few years, but then as usual I needed to change because I found myself sleeping in my Lazy Boy chair. I went to a memory foam mattress from Costco and it to was good for about 3 years, and again I started going back to my chair. 2 months ago I bit the bullet and bought a Sealy adjustable bed with a firm mattress and topped with a 3 inch memory foam topper from Costco. So far so good, but we'll see in about 2 years..... nice thing though is that I can lift my head or knees to releive pressure, stay on my back longer and have a built in massager!!

Doug

Kendra and Caleigh playing construction
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
I had many issues with our current old bed (12 yrs old now!) until I started using a memory foam pillow when I slept on my die. Then my night pain became much better.

After sleeping in many kinds of beds this past Christmas while gone for 2 weeks, I've come to realize that the crappier the bed, the better I slept! Not sure what that's all about, but the bed that everyone avoided, is the one I slept best on! One place had a new, very firm couch that everyone says it fantastic... My choice was that or the floor. I woke up so sore & stiff... Maybe the softer beds are better for me because my hips are very sensitive and hurt some nights no matter which way I lay.

but it looks like I'm the freak of the bunch! Hardness hurts me severely & gives me massive headaches. I cannot even lay on a floor for 5 minutes to play with my kids.

I would suggest lookin into getting one of those beds where you can adjust the firmness on each side. That way you can constantly adjust the firmness until you get the right setting. That bed, during our vacation, was the best one for me... on a very soft setting!

~ Trudi: homeschooling mom to 6: 16,14,11,9,7, 6 mos

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
My hubby and I were talking about getting a new mattress. Actually, he's the one pushing for it and I'm thinking it would be a good investment. I was wondering if the Tempurpedic Mattress seems hot? I've heard that they warm up, and since we live in AZ, summers are already lows in the high 80s-90s. So, I don't want to be too hot. Any advice on this?
Trace

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM