Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
H
New_Member
New_Member
H
Actually hubby will be seeing a rheumy on the 4th and will ask about it.

I too have heard it sucks big time, but prefer legality over the other (since its not as easy as I would think to find it :>)

Ventilator? No I had never considered that. Always stuck with a water pipe as opposed to other methods.

Are they easy to obtain?

Inanna Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
PM me and we can exchange info to talk details. OK?

Hugs,

Kat

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

G
New_Member
New_Member
G
Funny...I just found this thread after hours of reading.

I too use MMJ to help relieve the pain. I find it to be very effective and it doesnt mess my head up like prescribed narcotics do. I have yet to ask my rheumy what she thinks about its usage...but, I am seriously considering bringing a Med MJ access form to her to sign, and see if I can get my card.

I just hate having to deal with black market sources to obtain quality meds...and plan on growing my own meds.

I find that when you smoke it you only benefit so much from its medicinal values. If you eat it though, (I make special cookies) I find that MJ controls the pain so much more effectively. Eating it affects your body more than your brain....which is perfect. I like to be alert and not "stoned out of my mind"....so that is another plus.

I agree that MJ is not for everyone...but it definitely is worth a try to see how effective it is for us AS sufferers.

ironchef
ironchef
do you give out recipe for special cookies?
it's good for the soul to giggle once in a while.
aloha Ben

G
New_Member
New_Member
G
Ben: actually, recipes I use came from the AARP website, at http://www.letfreedomgrow.com

Click the recipe link, and there are several recipes for cookies and other treats on there.

I am going to try and formulate my own cookie in the next bit, as I find that the taste is often strong, and not as enjoyable. (They are meds though....like Buckley's....heh)

Hope that helps.

P
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
Hey, Grooveh:

Very interesting that:

In reply to:

I find that when you smoke it you only benefit so much from its medicinal values. If you eat it though, (I make special cookies) I find that MJ controls the pain so much more effectively. Eating it affects your body more than your brain....which is perfect. I like to be alert and not "stoned out of my mind"....so that is another plus.

I don't know smoking... But marihuana hasn't moral problems for me, no more than alcohol, and here in Basque Country we love wine and hard cider. II'll try eating.

Thanks for link also.

Pello

G
New_Member
New_Member
G
Pello: My pleasure. I am simply passing on things I have tried in my attempts to find some relief from my condition. That website is chaulk full of great recipes...I have only tried a few so far. One recipe that interests me there (but I haven't tried yet) is the Tincture. I think the idea for a tincture is a great one, and I have read a lot of material on this that suggests that it is even more effective, as it affects the body sooner than it would if you ate it in food.

When you smoke MJ, it starts affecting you almost immediately afterwards. However, when you eat it, it often takes up to an hour to "kick in"....like other medications, it has to be fully digested first. With the tincture, I have read that it takes a lot less time to kick in (15-20 minutes or so), but it has the same properties as if you ate the MJ in food.

I have a long and painful winter ahead of me, so I'll be trying lots of recipes out :)

I'll let you all know how they turn out!

If anyone else has any experiences, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

cheers!

Inanna Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, thanks for the recipe link. I've often wanted to try eating it instead of smoking it. No point doing something for my well being that's bad for my health. That's why I got the ventilator. Not as much tar, no ash, very little smoke and, like eating it, it's more of a body than a brain high. Which is what I need.

I'm going to go find some recipes now.

Hugs,

Kat

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
In my "hippy" days one of my favorite books was a small treatise lovingly called "The Art and Science of Cooking With Cannabis".
I used it overseas of course - so i could never be charged under Australian law... but i did have many conversations with others who used the recipes here...
Basically, the science is that THC (being tar-like ) readily absorbs into butter so melting it into butter then making the cookies etc. was the way to go. Old herbal books from England say of hemp "it is so common in country gardens that i need not describe it" and go on to talk of hemp infusions - tea as a stomachic or for vivid dreams - take your pick!
The tincture (in alcohol) worked very well - especially with hash oil (apparently) - not only more quickly, but seemed to have a lighter, headier stone more akin to smoking (but without the cancer threat ) whereas the cookies were more bodily focused, heavier, slower...
It would be interesting to experiment there with which form would be best therapeutically, but i'd vote for for the cookies as it seems to affect fewer brain receptors. Wouldn't want to encourage dis-orientation.
Now where was i?
If you are wondering how a big molecule like THC gets through the stomach/GIT - it is with the alcohol (remember drinking on an empty stomach) or butter fat (we cannot handle it when we are sick) which pass easily through the membranes and carry the THC through to the blood stream. Of course with a leaky gut we may not need them as much.
So much for the science, i'll leave someone else to perfect the Art.

Ted

Ted

One cannot believe all one reads on the Internet...
Abraham Lincoln
R
New_Member
New_Member
R
High all... :)

Yup, I want to join the chorus on the benifits on MJ. I was smoking the stuff for the wrong reasons, but reaslised the benifits when I wanted to quit. I wanted to revamp my life and I thought that that habit's got to go. It was the worst 2 weeks in the last 3 years!

I think when you're high you forget about the pain... :)

When I quit, sleep started to elude me and pain levels increased.

Fortunetely here in Africa (South Africa) the stuff is quite freely available. And cheap. I pay R70 for about 40 gram. (due to our currency's recent stregthening it became much more expensive in $ - in Dec 2001 the rand struck it's worst levels ever - R13.86 to the $, now it's standing at +- R6.30 to the $ - meaning relatively the price increased from $5 to $11)

For the purpose of sleep and killing pain I would strongly recommend using it. Now smoking it is not the best option - eating is much more acceptable (for taste for those that does not smoke at all). And here goes my recipe for cookies:

Grind your stuff as fine as possible, removing all seeds and sticks.
Put in a small pot, cover it with water and add about a table spoon of margerine/butter. Delta 9-Tetrahydracannabinol, or THC for short, is an oil based chemical and doesn't stick to the water - hence the butter /margerine.
Boil this mixture at low temp.
Every about 30 mins, drain the fluid and add new water/butter. I filter it through a hankerchief - carefully - the stuff is boiling temp when you drain it. Do this 3 or 4 times, adding the fluid together.
Throw away the solids. Take the drained fluid and boil it until there is very little water left (the water will appear black and disgusting).
Let it cool down to the point where the butter/marge has solidified. Remove the block of solids and throw the rest away.

Take this butter/marge and bake your favourite instant cookies, replacing the butter/marge that's part of the recipe, with your special version. It may not taste as good as the cookies would normally, but it's a far cry from the revolting taste of the MJ solids in the cookies.

I prefer smoking it though - I feel much more in control. Smoking lasts about 2 hours - eating it can last up to 12 hours. I do not consume before or during work, but damn I look forward to it in the late afternoon.

Happy times.
Rinus

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 54 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM