Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Yeah, I feel the same way. But I have to admit that if they ever found an immune suppressor that allowed your immune system to rebuild itself and work properly, I'd be in like Flynn to be on the trial for it!! They were experimenting with something like that for RA at Oxford a few years back.

Hugs,

Kat

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Kat
yep, they hoped to do exactly that with "Mabthera". The idea with Mabthera being: wipe out the immune systems "B cells" and start again. Their theory is that a "trigger event" has taught the immune system B cells to see your own body as foreign. It didn't work quite as planned.. eventually the arthritis returned. Still it must have been quite effective, as they only needed to be treated about once a year.

Personally, I think its failure to permanantly wipe out an autoimmune disease gives evidence that the disease "trigger" is still there. Whether that trigger be a metabolic problem, an infection, or an allergy.

The reason I mention allergy.. Well my main reason is that people with celiacs disease who continue to eat wheat tend to develop arthritis... Why?

regards,
z

Mabthera :
https://www.kickas.org/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=starch&Number=101686

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
since I have been getting so terribly dehydrated at night I decided I should have a bottle of the usual sports type sugar/electrolyte drink. ie: salt with some fruit juice or honey. Then I realised that I just had to add some apple cider vinegar and I would be drinking pickle water . And I figure I might as well try that : rehydrate myself, and do some "bacterial selection" at the same time. I think you could justify calling it a probiotic since pickling feeds the good bacteria and knocks out the bad ones.

"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
I'm going to give it a try. I used to drink about two glasses of water a day, on a good day. I read that you are supposed to take your weight and divide by two, and that would be the number of ounces you're supposed to drink in a day. That puts me at 90 ounces. I wasn't even close to drinking enough. Let's hope it works.

No one said life would be easy, just worth it.

E
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
E
Hi Angus!

In reply to:

I read that you are supposed to take your weight and divide by two, and that would be the number of ounces you're supposed to drink in a day.

Cool! I never knew this, but if it's true I'm doing pretty well, I am always drinking water, all day long, never without my sports bottle!

"The most beautiful stones have been tossed by the wind and washed by the waters and polished to brilliance by life's strongest storms."

People will forget what you say
People will forget what you do
But people will never forget, how you made them feel
- Maya Angelou -

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
(..zark does metric conversion in head..).. err that sounds about right :-)
must be about 40 ounces in a litre right?

... actually im not a big fan of vinegar.. so tell me how it goes ! I find that drinking a large amount of water on an empty belly (aka "water flush") relieves a huge amount of muscle tension that tends to build up in my back and shoulders.

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
I'm trying the pure salt method. It seemed to make sense and by the third day I was getting used to the taste. I put 1 1/4 tsp. of the salt in an 80 oz. jug, that's almost 2 1/2 litres. I found a health store around my town that sells pure, unadulterated sea salt called Celtic Salt, or Celtic Sea Salt. I seem to have some improvement, although it's too early to get excited. I've been drinking this for almost a week now. It was strange, the first couple days it seemed the more I drank the thirstier I became. I would have thought it would have been the other way around. I thought it might help my stomach and oral ulcers as well. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Well, it's been two weeks and if this is any indication, things will continue to get better, I hope. I haven't had an oral ulcer since, (at least not yet), my stomach does not get as upset as much as it used to, if at all. My arthritis seems to be improving as I do not need my cane as much. I have still had a couple of days of flare up but I can deal with that. More updates to come. I hope that this works and that someone else can benefit from it as well.

K
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
K
This is so odd.... honestly before even seeing any of these post...yesterday,watching the movie "Almighty Bruce" the scene at Niagra Falls. A thought came about: Why did God make vast oceans of salt water, there must be a reason to this,that there is so much salt around?Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Definition of Calamity: an extraordinarily grave event marked by great loss and lasting distress and affliction. But! re-use some of the letters and I: Smite with calm!

God is in my heart, who's in yours?
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
It's been five months now that I have been drinking the sea salt/water mixture and I can still walk without a cane. Am I cured? No, but it is not nearly as painful as it was. My shoulders, on times, really bother me, my back still acts up once in a while, and there is still a little discomfort in my foot. But compared to the pain I was feeling I would say it has been a success. Now I am going out to get some bromelain. After seeing it mentioned in another post I did a little research on it and they say it is good for those with RA because of its anti-inflamitory properties. Maybe using both methods might help even more!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 42 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
New recipe website from Janneke
by DragonSlayer - 05/10/22 05:03 PM
Looking for help dealing with Heartburn
by Magician - 03/11/22 11:15 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Electromyography (EMG) test
by Magician - 10/01/21 04:03 AM