Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
some related links to check out...

testimonials:
http://proliberty.com/observer/20010720.htm

more testimonials:
http://www.watercure2.com/backprob.asp

this one discusses a salt water "isotonic flush" and garlic.. followed by pro-biotics
http://www.mrbean.net.au/~wlast/candida.html

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
zark #104811 05/20/03 03:44 AM
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
Good to hear. I also checked out the links in the your other post.
I've decided to use the occaisional salt water thing as a flush because i am pain-free at present - i even tested myself with rice and wheat flour products yesterday with no flare so am feeling quite robust.
I now have litle doubt that salt has a place in healing. Hope it continues for you.

Ted
"Auto-immunity or self-help - no decision"

Ted

One cannot believe all one reads on the Internet...
Abraham Lincoln
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I was still feeling good yesterday until I thought I would try eating 2 meat pies for lunch.. that was a big mistake !!! Guess I was feeling invincible too :-) hehehe
Within a few hours I parts of my ribs and shoulder blades getting sore. AMAZING how quick the reaction is.

By the way, the reaction is not nearly as obvious if you are on NSAID's.. not recommending NSAID's to anyone though, they do far more harm to me than good ! (I react badly to NSAID's)

When I looked at the ingredients the pie had things like: wheat flour, milk powder, thickener etc. all bad news, particularly the milk powder !! .. I react BADLY to milk power, for whatever reason. I get lots of pain, iritis, and my stomach feels a bit off. Probably due to malformed proteins.

So for dinner I ate all the things I know are OK for me.. meat (fish), eggs, carrots, pumpkin and rice. No legumes of any kind - they are out of the question...

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep. As that is a BIG problem when I go into flair mode .. if I lay on my back my back kills... and if I lay on my side my shoulder and ribs go crazy. But I slept really really well ! I had done some stretches before sleeping.. but I was still surprised at how well I slept regardless.

Mind you, this morning I had a sore finger. And I did feel a single tiny stabbing pain in my tummy this morning (?!). Well I knew what to blame for all that ! still that finger pain went away a few hours after taking some Rutin..

feelin pretty good again now :-) think I will have totally bounced back by tomorrow
z

"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
BTW, always use Unrefined Sea Salt if you can. No sane need to swallow the chemical additives they put in refined table salt - ie: "Anti-Caking Agents"

More odd info, to be taken lightly here : ..

====================

1. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, Contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction with water. Naturally the proportions are critical.

2. Salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.

3. Salt is vital for balancing the sugar levels in the blood; a needed element in diabetics.

4. Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in the body. It is used for local power generation at the sites of energy need by the cells.

5. Salt is vital to the nerve cells' communication and information processing all the time that the brain cells work, from the moment of conception to death.

6. Salt is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.

7. Salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.

8. Salt is vital for clearing up catarrh and congestion of the sinuses.

9. Salt is a strong natural antihistamine.

10. Salt is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.

11. Salt is vital to prevent excess saliva production to the point that it flows out of the mouth during sleep. Needing to constantly mop up excess saliva indicates salt shortage.

12. Salt is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm. Osteoporosis, in a major way, is a result of salt and water shortage in the body.

13. Salt is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.

14. Salt is a vitally needed element in the treatment of diabetics.

15. Salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs.

16. Salt is vital for the prevention of gout and gouty arthritis.

17. Salt is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.

18. Salt is vital for preventing varicose veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs.

19. Salt is vital to the communication and information processing nerve cells the entire time that the brain cells work - from the moment of conception to death.

20. Salt is vital for reducing a double chin. When the body is short of salt, it means the body really is short of water. The salivary glands sense the salt shortage and are obliged to produce more saliva to lubricate the act of chewing and swallowing and also to supply the stomach with water that it needs for breaking down foods. Circulation to the salivary glands increases and the blood vessels become "leaky" in order to supply the glands with water to manufacture saliva. The "leakiness" spills beyond the area of the glands themselves, causing increased bulk under the skin of the chin, the cheeks and into the neck.

21. Sea salt contains about 80 mineral elements that the body needs. Some of these elements are needed in trace amounts. Unrefined sea salt is a better choice of salt than other types of salt on the market. Ordinary table salt that is bought in the super markets has been stripped of its companion elements and contains additive elements such as aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and porous. Aluminum is a very toxic element in our nervous system. It is implicated as one of the primary causes of Alzheimer's disease.

22. Twenty-seven percent of the body's salt is in the bones. Osteoporosis results when the body needs more salt and takes it from the body. Bones are twenty-two percent water. Is it not obvious what happens to the bones when we're deficient in salt or water or both.
http://www.curezone.com/foods/saltpage.asp

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OK, I gotta get this straight. You actually drink salt water! Blech!!

Sorry for that reaction, but I've tasted the ocean. EUW!! Of course, if it helps, then who'm I to balk.

I've printed off the info from one of the sites posted. Thanks.

Hugs,

Kat

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Have to agree that sea water tastes pretty bad :-) but I only use a about a third of a tea spoon in a litre of water.. which to me, tastes about as bad as normal tap water anyway !

I honestly don't know whether it works or not.. I find it hard to do the whole water flush every day.. all that running to the toilet gets tedious. But if it works for that other guy whoo had spondylitis, then I am keen to give it a shot!

I printed off a bunch of stuff on it on Friday and am going to look into it further. One taste of the Atlantic Ocean is all I needed to keep me from jumping into these waters without looking for more info. So far, it looks interesting enough that I'm going to try to find raw sea salt to cook with. I already use sea salt. The package says that it's bleached by being left in the sun. Gotta check into that.

Hugs,

Kat

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
To be honest, when I read through the last quote about salt.. I think he is referring to "salt" in a very general sense - more than just plain NaCl .. eg: salts of magnesium, zinc, selennium, and other trace minerals found in unrefined sea salt. (?)

Here are several ways I can think of that this "salt flush" could work:
* kill off undesirable microbes - bacterial selection..
* challenge and strengthen the lining of the gut. Similar mechanism to how fibre strengthens the gut lining, also similar to how brushing your gums strengthens them.
* flush out accumulated junk from the blood. eg: circulating immune complexes, prostaglandins and other accumulated hormones / metabolic wastes..
* stabilise the mineral balances in the blood. From what I have read the mineral levels in AS sufferers are quite off balance
* provide those trace minerals and rare earths that are required for good health in the most minute amounts.

cheers,
z

Thanks. Yup, I'm definitely looking into it. I'm pretty sure my S.O. thinks I'm going nuts, tho. I keep printing off all this info about the 'latest craze' if you'll excuse the expression and then giving him indepth lectures on all I'm learning!

Hugs,

Kat

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I know hopw you feel ! I wouldn't tell friends the kinds of things I would experiment with to ease my pain !!! What would they think if I told I was taking a supplement that contained pigs pancreas ?? (Which worked incredibly well at first btw) .. They would think I was nuts.

Fact is I would have react the same as them.. yup im "out there" ..

Thing is I have no choice. Standard treatments don't work for me, and immune suppressors are the VERY LAST thing I will try. Which leaves me with no alternative but to go outside of the mainstream orthodoxy ..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 56 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,977 hmmm
1,323,409 OMG!!!!
711,974 PARTY TIME!