Hiya.

Most of my issues are si & lumbar, but I just had a cervical & thoracic MRI and was wondering if some of you vets could tell me what the heck this means? I could look it all up of course, but I sure do love laymen terms & friendly "it's all mild, you're fine!" better than what I'll find on the net.

And it does say mild a few thousand times, so that's good.

The parts that have me stumped are bolded. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T4: The bone marrow signal is unremarkable. No acute thoracic fracture is identified. No spondylolisthesis is visualized. No syndesmophytes are identified. There is mild spondylosis anterolaterally at T8-9, T9-10 and T10-11.

There is moderate disc desiccation at T8-9 and T9-10. Blah, blah. There is a 2.4 mm central disc protrusion at T9-10 which mildly impresses on the thecal sac. No disc herniation or spinal canal stenosis is seen at the remaining thoracic disc levels.

C2-3: Mild disc desiccation is noted.

C3-4: Mild disc desiccation is noted. There is a 2.0 mm broad-based disc protrusion which mildly impresses on the thecal sac. The protrusion measures 1.4 mm in flexion and 2.2 mm in extension. No neural foraminal narrowing is visualized.

C4-5: Mild disc desiccation is noted. There is a 2.0 mm broad-based disc protrusion which mildly impresses on the thecal sac. The protrusion measures 1.4 mm in flexion and 2.2 mm in extension. No neural foraminal narrowing is visualized.

C5-6: Mild disc desiccation is noted. There is a 2.0 mm broad-based disc protrusion which mildly impresses on the thecal sac. The protrusion measures 1.0 mm in flexion and 2.0 mm in extension. No neural foraminal narrowing is visualized.

C6-7: The disc hydration is within normal limits. No disc herniation, spinal canal stenosis, or neural foraminal narrowing is visualized.

Last edited by hollyz143; 04/20/11 06:38 PM.

~ Holly