Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#519966 12/23/19 03:26 PM
W
wait Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hello,
I had pneumonia two weeks ago. The doctor put me on two antibiotics. By the end of the therapy, my muscle pain and leg cramps were much improved. The doctor attributed it to the anti inflammatory effects of the antibiotics. All of the pain and cramping are returning now. The reprieve from the pain was nice. I haven't been in remission in years. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

1 member likes this: L33
T
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
T
Antibiotics can change your gut flora for the better, by reducing the klebsiella population, or increasing the population of other competing bacteria. Some antibiotics can make things worse, it all depends on what kind you take and the current makeup of your gut flora. Maybe someday we will know enough to find the right treatment to consistently treat AS with it without harmful side effects. It would likely be much cheaper than the current treatments.

W
wait Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thank you. That makes sense. Wish my doctors knew this stuff.

T
New_Member
New_Member
T
My advice would be to get a comprehensive stool test with Genova diagnostics including parasites to find out exactly what pathogen your dealing with
If it then shows up you will know exactly what treatment line then to pursue
Road back foundation offers list many doctors that prescribe antibiotics and cure people's AS

J
J
www.roadback.org

Highly suggest giving it a try. AP therapy gave me a new life and worked for many years. Kept me from fusing completely. I recently took a break from taking it and thought I was doing well. The disease appears to be done with my spine. I now have the peripheral form and it's really painful. going back on the 100mg skip dose Minocycline. I just hope that it works as well as it did for the axial inflammation.

L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Greetings Guys

I Agree with The_Inflammator 100%,

I took Doxycycline years ago because I could not source Minocycline locally and it made my pain much worse for a short time this increased my belief in the role of the GUT / Bacteria... yes indeed...antibiotics can make u better OR worse because its like a Nuke in your GUT if its non targeting type....

Last edited by L33; 08/22/22 08:29 AM.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22

L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Greetings Guys

I bit the bullet again and tried antibiotics inspired by Jstdiven above and the Roadback foundation.

Since I know bacteria is responsible for triggering A.S first hand and by Kickas.org, I decided to try Antibiotic protocol again as recommended by the roadback foundation.

As I read the pdf of the AP I realized where I went wrong previously in my attempt to use antibiotics.

Plus now I have my hands on the recommended antibiotics minocycline after paying an arm and a leg since I'm unemployed. AT least my doctor gave me a free prescription for the antibiotics on a 6 month repeat.

My AS is very severe and I was on crutches for like 2 years 3 years ago, I have kyphosis and posterior pelvic tilt at now age 39,

I have made more progress in 2 weeks than in 3 years, by taking Minocycline 100mg 2 x day morning and evening.

I am really shocked that with little exercise, stretching, lying on my back for short periods, has drastically improved my posture. My spine joints are starting to crack up and loosen.

I did have lots of pain in the mornings but after reading the Roadback foundation AP, I now know that sometimes ( most cases) is a good sign because pathogens are dying in the GUT can cause inflammation which is worse than they are alive, aslo true for other parasites, and is a temporary thing.
After pushing forward past this period, there will gradually be less pain/Inflammation so I'm in for the long haul.

In the meantime just by seeing my back staitening up so fast I really don't care about the temporary flare.....

I would highly recommend trying antibiotics because its cheaper alternative than immune suppressing drugs, with a lot less side effects and targets the root cause of disease
And not just treat (burry) the condition.

I strongly believe myself the we with AS have a chronic infection going on.....

Just thought I would share,

Lee

HLA B27+

L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Hi Guys

As I have stated above trying antibiotics for the second time
Yielded bad results as it made me bleed in the toilet for like 3 days, I then stopped and pain returned 100 fold. Killing
Off all the bacteria in the Gut is not good as it helps to digest
Your food and keeps fungi under control.

Fungi can overgrow making holes in the intestinal walls and allowing more bacteria and food to enter the blood, causing
Our Immune reactions to worsen, Taking antifungal medication like fluconozole or natural remedies like oregano oil may help if you make the mistake of taking antibiotics.

Last edited by L33; 10/30/22 11:11 AM.

HLA B27+

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM