Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kj243 Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with Fused/infused/flavored olive oils, as these seem like a potentially nice source of calories on a rather strict diet, since putting straight unflavored olive oil on stuff can get a little gross. especially if you are really looking for calories.

My main question is, we know the nature of citrus fruits to be that if they are crushed, more starch is released, and the fusion process of fused olive oils is that olives are crushed with say blood oranges, etc. So my question becomes:

The fused Olive oil I am unsure about has 0 grams of sugar apparently according to the people who sell it(It tastes sugarless), and also, the starch test comes back completely fine. Yet, the olive oils color is an orange tint.

What gives? Anybody have any experience? Should you really just trust the starch test/nutrition facts and try it? I'm unsure what to do but if I seem to be running out of calorie sources that are reliable ,and being able to put decent tasting olive oil on say coconut bread might help that. I'm trying to hold off on sugar/fructose for a while, but I might end up needing to try the lowest sugar fruits available.

Thanks

Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
I generally avoid fruits because I just feel better when I don't eat any sugar. However, I do use lemons and limes in my cooking.

I enjoy high quality oils and find that they are a nice way to break up the monotony of 'vanilla' olive oil. Generally, I've had no reaction to the infused oils that I've tried and I'm usually pretty sensitive. I've tried the following flavors: roasted garlic, rosemary, and basil. Since I don't eat orange, I just avoid the orange infused oils. My general rule of thumb is to avoid anything infused with something that I generally will not eat. I take all labels with a grain of salt because there have been times when I reacted to something even though the label appeared to indicate things were safe.

I really want to try the truffle infused oils...but haven't yet.

Not sure if that helps, but best of luck!

"But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- from William Goldman's _Princess Bride_

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 33 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome All New Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM