Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BodSquad #470861 05/31/12 07:28 PM
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Well its been just over a week.. I feel about 50% relief. Was hopeful it would get a little better than this but it does take me back about 3-4 years pain wise.. Must mean that the damage has been done? Still stiff/sore in low back and hips but rib and neck pain have decreased greatly..

HLA-B27 Positive 2012.. Have always had low back pain. Disease rapidly infested itself after an accute Weight lifting accident..

Pain from SI joints all the way through neck. Rib cage extreamly tender
BodSquad #471103 06/04/12 06:33 PM
E
New_Member
New_Member
E
Give it some more time. I didn't get my full effects until about a month after my first injection. It takes time to build up in your system.

BodSquad #471249 06/06/12 07:28 AM
K
New_Member
New_Member
K
I would like to ask what is meant by bacteria causing the inflammation? I have not heard that the inflammation or flares related to AS are bacterial before. I know that some scientists believe that a bacterial inflammation may trigger the genetic disorder in some to develop the initial AS. But that bacterial inflammation is not permanent, nor is bacteria necessary for the continued inflammation or flares according to what I have previously heard. So this is total news to mel. Is it not caused by our, probably genitcally caused auto immune disorder, which for no reason attacks our joints, thus causing the inflammation by itself?

It is completely new to me that bacteria should in any way influence AS beyond possibly as the initial trigger, so I would really like to know?? If it is bacterial it can be killed, so that would be great. And it would probably mean that we should change the teaditional treatments, including Humira, as they make us more vulnerable to bacterial inflammation.

BodSquad #475941 08/29/12 06:10 PM
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Update time.. I've been on Humira for just over three months.. The relief was great after only a few weeks but sadly never increased after that.. I must say the morning stiffness is just about gone and i've gained a good deal on my range of motion and such.. It's just not the relief I was hoping for, oh well we must move on... My Doc has suggested upping from every 14 days to every 7 (she actually mentioned this about a month after I started but said "for insurance purpose we must wait 3 months or they wont approve it) I can understand that.. I havent really read anything about people taking it more than every 14 days..

Is anyone here taking it every week?

Did the increase seem to help greatly?

HLA-B27 Positive 2012.. Have always had low back pain. Disease rapidly infested itself after an accute Weight lifting accident..

Pea #476596 09/09/12 05:13 AM
H
Lurker
Lurker
H
Hi I am a New Member and Have recently been switched to Humeria as I failed.
The Embril. I am 34 and have been diagnosed wirh
AS and iritus and more. I am looking for help
As I cant seem to get myself out of bed. I wanted
To introduce myself. Thank you

BodSquad #476892 09/14/12 02:06 PM
S
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
S
Originally Posted By: BodSquad
I havent really read anything about people taking it more than every 14 days..

Is anyone here taking it every week?

Did the increase seem to help greatly?

My son has taken Humira every 7 days for several years. It works very well for him.

Although it is more common to take Humira every 2 weeks, it is not terribly uncommon to see weekly dosing if the medication helps - but not quite enough at the initial dose.

BodSquad #478997 10/25/12 11:03 PM
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Little Update- Well after 3 months of Humira I talked with the doc and she seems to think I should be nearly 100% by now.. I would put myself closer to about 50% which isnt bad (unless you consider side effects of long term use).. So now I have to get off humira for 3 months and get an MRI to see whats going on (I insisted i get an MRI before humira but she didnt think it was needed..) le sigh... Then at that point I would be put back on the medication for three months then MRI again... She seems awfully scatter brained and im often giving her the re-cap of our previous appts to HER up to date.... Maybe time to see another Rheumy?!

BodSquad #479091 10/27/12 10:00 AM
Hi BodSquad,
Thanks for the update! I'm just under two weeks into my Humira treatment and I can't see much improvement yet. Pretty disappointed but I know I need to be patient! Trouble is that in NZ unless you have at least 30% improvement after three months, the plug gets pulled on the govt funding for it (due to it being sooo expensive!).
Cheers,
Emily

Diagnosed March 2012
First symptoms December 2011
31 years old
Determined to change my poison into medicine!
Runner, stamp collector, cat lover, cheese lover
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!