Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
shellim Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
S
thanks everyone for your input! it helps a lot to get feedback. its such a complicated puzzle. i do not want to get discouraged and give up this time. i will not worry about non-starchy fruits right now and i will try to be patient. i'm going to keep researching antibiotics and probiotics and if i get brave enough consider some fasting and cleanses (thanks to dragonslayer). i'm really enjoying the foods i'm eating right and not having any cravings so its almost easy to feel like i must be eating something i shouldn't.

thanks again....

~shelli

S
shellim Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
S
Thanks everyone for the advice!

Here's an update...

I made it through the graduation weekend feeling great and managed to keep my diet clean despite all the food! But by Monday my knees were starting to flare again. Determined not to take any more prednisone, I tried to take Dragonslayer's advice and did a fast. Apples here have been starchy so I wanted to try pears. The pears aren't starchy, but I didn't have access to enough ripe ones to get me through a 3-day fast so I added canteloup and strawberries and a little pineapple. What an amazing experience! I was always afraid to try a fast before, but that fear was overshadowed by my fear of the pain of not being able to walk. (Regional and state track meets still to go.) By the third day, the inflammation in my knees was gone, my energy was amazing, I felt great. I came off the fast slowly with lettuces and spinach, fruit, steamed broccoli and a homemade bone broth and had a fantastic day at the track meet. Then added eggs, tofu and found a good quality yogurt. I should also mention that in conjunction with the fast I have been using Garden of Life Raw Cleanse.

But now the last two days I am feeling a little inflammation in my knees and my neck and shoulders are hurting worse during the night and morning. I know I haven't had any starch, but am wondering about the slower response you have from allergies? Possibly the eggs or yogurt? So I'm going to do without those for a few days and then add them back one at a time.

But I think I answered the fruit question. I felt great on the fruit. I don't really care to eat that much fruit in general, but at least now I feel comfortable that it isn't the source of my problems. Do you think this is a correct assumption?

Is there a possibility that the "cleanse" could be causing a little worsening of my symtoms as my body is getting rid of toxins? I don't know much about that sort of thing, but I've used some of the Garden of Life products before and thought they might be a good supplement to my fast to help clean me out.

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and am going to discuss starting the antibiotic protocol and probiotics.

Anyone have any thoughts on all of this? I'm learning, but its such a slow process.

~Shelli

Hi Shelli and everyone that pitched in this discussion
It's not nice to hear when someone is having problems and not doing so great, but it is nice to know you are not alone. I am weeks into my NSD as well and although it is working somewhat, I still am not ok and it's frustrating. I have thought of giving up, but if you can do it....so can I. Thank you for your inspiration.
Hugs Nette

Only that in you which is me, can hear what I'm saying.
Baba Ram Dass
S
shellim Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
S
oh no, don't give up. i tried the nsd a couple years ago and got frustrated after many months and gave up. i can't do that this time. i really feel like the 3-day fast proved that this works, but like everyone says there are so many variables and its so different for all of us. i'm not going to give up this time. too much at stake. lets hang in there!

Hello Shelli,

Great to hear about the fast. I was tentative at first as well... took me 7-8 months before I tried apple fast, and then did it 4 times in 4 months (once a month of 3 days). That was a big turnaround for me.

Unsure what is causing issue, could be either the cleanse or yogurt I guess. Really have to listen to body...

I had issues with dairy for quite a while until after 1 1/2 years on diet... then finally could have organic yogurt or all natural ice cream (I attribute it to gut healing).

Maybe gut bacteria are still not the best, and introducing yogurt if have healthy bacteria are causing competition and some AS like symptoms.

Hope you continue to find answers.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,408 hmmm
1,323,670 OMG!!!!
712,155 PARTY TIME!