Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#436620 03/23/11 09:27 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I was told that the timeframe for Humira to start working is pretty wide. Some people feel the affects in a day or two, and some don't feel it for a month or two. It depends on the person. I had my first shot just a little over 24 hours ago and I haven't noticed any reduction in pain. But then again, I'm not going through a flare, so my "pain" is just mild inflamation and stiffness. Last night, for the first time in 9 years, I slept through the night without waking up once. You have no idea how significant that is!!!! Well, maybe you do, we're all kinda in the same boat, right? wink3 When I'm going through a flare, I wake up 30+ times a night, no joke. When I'm not having a flare, I wake up about 4 or 5 times to reposition myself because of pain or discomfort. So you can imagine how shocked I was this morning to wake up with the alarm clock! Just now as a test, I bent over to see how far I could go, and I felt the strangest sensation in my back. It took me a minute to realize it was my muscles being (non-painfully) stretched. I can't remember the last time I felt that. I still have limited range of motion and pain, but I'm definitely noticing small subtle changes. If this keeps up, I'll be one happy woman cheerleader

M
mig Offline
M
Sleeping through the night is a very positive sign! I remember the first time I'd slept through the night and wow, it sure is a wonderful thing.

I hope Humira will provide you some significant relief!

A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
The first thing I noticed was that the fatigue started to go away. I didn't expect much to happen in the first few weeks, but I noticed that I felt like cleaning house and working in my garden. A few days later, I thought to myself, "I don't hurt anywhere as much as I did". It was a big surprise to me. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me. The sleeping at night is a really big improvement.

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: avonldy
The first thing I noticed was that the fatigue started to go away. I didn't expect much to happen in the first few weeks, but I noticed that I felt like cleaning house and working in my garden.

I was actually JUST thinking this to myself!!!!! I went down to the basement to get the laundry, and when I got back upstairs, I had to pause and think for a minute. Normally, going downstairs is a HUGE chore and takes large amounts of energy. I dread doing laundry, I really really do. But today I did it, and didn't feel the need to bee-line it to the recliner afterwards. Last night I noticed my posture improving. I was able to stand up straight with my shoulders back, and it didn't hurt. I'm normally kinda hunched over, so that made me smile a bit. This is really awesome stuff. I'm slowly (or very quickly, depending on how you look at it) starting to feel normal again. I still have a ways to go before I'm 100%, but I'm happy with it so far, and it's only been a couple days. I still have some minor SI pain, stiffness, an achey middle back, and tender ribs and shoulder blades. I wonder what improvements I'll be posting in the days to follow smile

A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
I kept noticing little improvements for over 6 months. It's nice when you can do something the you avoided in the past. The improvements can sneak up on you sometimes, just you feel better slowly over time. I never reach a totally pain free condition because I have osteoarthritis on top of my AS. While the AS pain and lack of sleep are in my past, I get pain whenever it rains.

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
I
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I
Fantastic news, Scarlet.

Sleeping through the night, being able to move again, flex, being pain-free. It's bliss, isn't it? ;-)

Enjoy.

I'm on Humira a year now. Things are so much better that I almost forget how bad they once where. I don't say that lightly, I've had over 30 years of agony.

I'm not sure any of us will ever be 100%, but man, life is good when it works. *-)

Fingers crossed it keeps working for you.

I have been on the Humira pen now for 3 months. I can still say that the relief I get is almost like taking 1 Celebrex a day. Some things have become worse as if I haven't been taking anything, like my shoulders and lower back.
So I guess I'm one of the ones who might have to wait a longer time than others to see marked relief. Maybe I won't react positively at all to Humira over time and will have to quit it and try something else. Can't wait for genetic research to catch up with AS so we can tailor our systems individually for restructuring. Now that would be something.

Timo
K
New_Member
New_Member
K
Thanks for these posts - I start Humira in the next 3 weeks... looking forward and fingers crossed I can bin the Pred and feel 'normal' (whatever that is!!)

Can anyone recommend a means of transporting Humira in a refridgerated cool bag or anything that can get through airport security? I'm in France for the next 2 months, but the prescription for the Humira is being generated in the UK and for my first couple of injections they'll send a nurse (but I must fly home) but after that I need to know it can travel safely... I looked at insulin transportation (there are some fab little pouches) but they don't keep it cold enough.

Any advice so gratefully received!
Katharine

HLA B27 +
Spondyloarthropathy diagnosed Mar 11
Previous chronic flares 2002, 2007
Currently awaiting NHS to approve anti-tnf therapy
Methotrexate 30mg / wk
Indomethacin 75mg x 2 / day
Pantoprozale
Prednisone 10mg / day
M
Active_Member
Active_Member
M
I just took my first humira shot.....the MDs office gave me a travel kit for flying that comes with it....a nifty little travel puuch that has its own little ice-pack that fits in it...I was told by my MDs office to ask the stewardess to put it in the fridge for me, that they'll do that. Just don't forget it. You could contact the company directly if your MDs office doesn't have it, but I'd ask them. It is part of a kit that is dispensed for this purpose.

Good luck! Hope it works really well for you!

Molly

~Fear and love cannot occupy the same space

HLA-B27 and loving it
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
I got the same kit Molly. Thanks for the info about the airlines! Pea

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,435 hmmm
1,323,103 OMG!!!!
711,726 PARTY TIME!