Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I've been working toward some kind of proportional representation in BC for a long time. Unfortunately, it was rejected in a referendum here a few years ago. I was so hoping we might follow NZ's lead.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
um...the dams have been there for 150 years. they've never had a fish ladder...our plan includes fish ladders aa better program for limited release than spring flooding, the state will be raising water levels in the containment pond- better fishing and recreation uses. and we won't burn oil or natural gas for power.
2mg btw is enough clean power for 1500 homes.

six months ago i made a casual comment at our senior news discussion group...a republican friend said, 'i know you're arm will fall off reaching for that lever, but would you run as a republican if they nominated you. i can introduce you to people etc etc etc.

so a lot of thinking and writing and casual conversation with people in town and old friends from the 60's is how i got to this point.

btw. i got great free newspaper spread this week...all live copy on page 3 of our weekly is me...including great photo.
i'd have written the piece differently, but........
no photo in on-line version.

you can check out The Canton News (mig make it blue)
read for yourself.

Last edited by mig; 03/08/11 11:21 PM. Reason: to activate link

L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Ben,
Yea, I am never disappointed.
I am thinking that you will be really good for the community!
Thanks for letting us know, cause we do care about you and we do care about this round ball we call earth.
But Ben, I think you should take up smoking a pipe.Practice pausing, tapping it on your hand, letting it go out, you know how they used to do when we were kids. It will give you time to reflect, give pause to the occasion and I can see a Popeye look going for you real well.
""you're arm will fall off reaching for that lever"""
excuse this old foggy man.. what lever????

Thanks Ben
Love ya man

A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
Ben, I have been involved with our local county Republican party for many years until we adopted the girls and decided that raising kids was a full time job and I couldn't go off to conventions and such. Politics can be fun, interesting and a pain in the butt at times. Congratulations on wanting to improve your town.

I am not a tree hugger but I believe that God gave us stewardship of the Earth, and we need to take care of it. From what you posted, it sounds like the dam is a good plan. With oil costing so much, we need to look around for other ways to provide power. If the Dam can save your town enough over the years to pay for itself, it's probably a good idea. Can you get the people in that area to vote to raise the money or do you have funds available to pay for it?

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
avon, aloha

we are working on/from several sources to build the fund.
returns have been below both expectations and need...it's
tough...not like we areen't in the middle of a depression.

i have cried...i've had a couple donations like $ 5.00 from people poorer than i with comments like 'i'll find five more in a month or two'and they offer to do mailing stuff or work of some kind. i promise them i'll spend it dearly and not waste
their support or vote.

there are INCREDIBLE implications to this being a municipal project...i can not tell you, now. 2mw of power at wholesale rate in ct right now is over a million dollars, clean energy sell at a 30% premium over that. our cost for electricity in the state has doubled in the past nine years.

property taxes kill poor people. i have an acquaintance who worked twenty-two days in twenty-six months; he stopped by to say goodby in august. sold a car; he and wife and child left town in his truck to seek new life elsewhere.energy costs are worse than the taxes for the poor.

btw, Lon...the state is doing a $100,000 study for environmental impact statement of the containment pond behind the big dam.
silt is impacting ability of trout to find grassy, sandy bottom to lay eggs...one thing dep is asking about is a controlled flood in drier season to disturb shallow river bottom land. there are upstream dams controlled by our water people to generate this contoled flood.

spent over an hour yesterday getting answers to those sort of questions...we ARE going to install fishladders and overall the river will be in better shape with the hydro project than before.
onward

Last edited by alohaben; 03/09/11 07:23 PM.

L
Lon Offline
L
Ben,
Yep, you are good for those folk.
You are good for us.
I wish you the best.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
aloha, all

well we had a very successful " NOT " a tea party event- with coffee and tea and a variety of my pastry treats...good turn out.

one of our party officers came to the party, heard me speak for about eight minutes/nine with no prep and no notes...and invited me to speak at the green party convention in april.

not that we are not still broke, but good stuff is happening.

That is so exciting Ben!!! Go gettem!

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
well, friends

our reporting period for the state forms ends march 31...anyone who can help will most be appreciated.

we had a social event march 13, fun, good time, took in a bit.
need to be viable...and buy some much needed first-step stuff.

thanks all,
you'll receive a tropical mahalo

ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
hey all

i'm still here...however regardless of your best wishes contributors to campaign must be us citizens and legal aliens.
it's the law.

not so a tracphone card might not help etc. etc. strictly personal.
aB

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,804 hmmm
1,323,911 OMG!!!!
712,336 PARTY TIME!