Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 185 of 566 1 2 183 184 185 186 187 565 566
C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Saturday at the gym: 1.5 km rowing, 0.2 on the crosstrainer and 2.5 km on the bike plus stretches and some light weights.
Tonight at the gym: 2 km rowing (in two goes), 0.3 on the crosstrainer and a little over 3 km on the bike plus the usual stretches and light weights.

Got myself a ten visit concession and this was the 4th visit. Think if I manage to use up the 10 visits in a month then I'll get myself an annual concession again. Did it some time ago but then mucked up my whole routine when I started work. Evening gym suits me now (it didn't then) so I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine. Its a very small community healthy living centre and I'm desperately trying to get them to get a recumbant bike for people like me that don't do well on standard bike seats.

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Today I swam 650 yds.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Active_Member
Active_Member
Yeah!! I need to get my butt back in the pool! My BF is dragging me to the gym now.

Ps. everyone, is Enbrel made of gold? with how much it costs it must be. . .

Active_Member
Active_Member
Good for you sister!!!

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Today physio therapy session. Great. Physio sure is excellent. Whole range of exercises, including neck rotation. Very insistant on 'corect' neck posture during the rotation - and for ALL the exercises. Getting my hips freed up a bit - SIs have been playing up a tad.

Exercises, must not be 'turned out' as in ballet: legs, hips, feet straight. Next session nxt Wed.

Next drivng session, nxt Tues - will be doing ocnes driving in the arena - and was told today that after that, I am 'set to go'...instructor said that I am 'good'! Wow-Wee. smile

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Sounds excellent Molly!

Went to 60 min. class again today. Today it was aerobics on the floor, yoga ball abs, pushups, and some weights. Modified certain bits, no jumping for me. I changed all the jumping parts to squats which really helped my heart rate rise. My old friend "Mr. Morton's Neuroma" is coming back to join the party in both feet. Ms. Plantar Fasciitis is also rearing her ugly head in my right foot. Every step I marched hurt, so I tried to keep my weight back on my heels. So here I sit with my feet on an icepack. I think as I lose more weight, my feet may become less susceptible to this. Will also add some spenco gel insoles to my tennies for Friday. Suddenly seeing the intelligence of swimming. The pool is 13 miles away. Hmmmmmm. If it is the difference between doing something and not, then a drive to the pool it will have to be.

My face got pink and hot today, yay. No sweat yet, but in due time.

Yea for you Donnette - there's no way I could sit on my heels, do squats...eek-ee-yow-eee!

As for Mr M, hmmm, not much fun an as for Ms Planta Faciitis, she's a right nasty bit of work that one - always sneaking up on one, an as for being a curtain twitcher...gotta 'see' who else is around, pushng her way into the party. Sheesh. I had Sn Achilles Tendon stuff on by on Monday, stayed almost the whole night, but managed to shake him loose in the morning - darn pest kept naggin on all night, wouldn't let me sleep. Shoot him!! Grumble, grumble...GGgrrrrr

Spenco gel insoles sound a good idea. Will cushion the por ole feet. What we have to endure. Only with spondys - gotta larf though. 'Smile'.!

Weigh out the pros an cons of visitin the pool - good exercise but petrol (gas)...prices aint much fun nowadays. But, IF they have a sauna, then could have a real hot relax, soaking up heat into the bones and tissues. Then would sure be worth it. WOW. (No saunas around where Iive.)

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
L
Lon Offline
L
Donette,
Good grief girl,
I was sweating profusely reading your post, looked at your pretty picture and had to take a break!! I sweat like a race horse. I don't wear a coat in the winter gong to and from the truck. Scoping snow, I wear long sleeve shirt is all. But this is only for 10 minutes at a time...
good job lady swim if ya can...

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Today I swam 750 yds smile

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

don't think this is exactly quantifiable, but the days i teach lab, are the best for my body, on my feet, but not standing, instead walking between the teaching lab and the research lab for 4-5 hours straight starting at 10 am, then today, finished an experiment of my own until about 6 pm, finally sat for a little bit, then from about 7-9 on my feet again, running errands around the building, etc, so on my feet for the good part of about 11 hours, with a lunch time meeting for an hour and again sitting for some dinner and computer for an hour. on my feet, moving around, not standing, but walking here and there, then a little standing, then walking, then pacing, my back is so much happier on those days than when its just sit sit sit, even with breaks, too much sitting is pure evil, too much stationary standing almost as evil, but moving around, feel like that's what our bodies were designed to do. wish i could just teach and mentor in the lab all day every day, think i'd be much healthier for it,

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 185 of 566 1 2 183 184 185 186 187 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
New recipe website from Janneke
by DragonSlayer - 05/10/22 05:03 PM
Looking for help dealing with Heartburn