Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#391170 05/05/10 04:54 PM
Warrior_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Hi all,

I'm back on the NSD. I am also trying organic only.

I need to pack on the pounds and fast. Anyone have any good meal replacements or anything that fits into NSD/organic and will allow me to GAIN weight fast?

Thanks

Hey, somebody stole my quote! - Me
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
The only time I don't lose weight on NSD is when I eat coconut flour baked goods everyday. good luck.

-Donette

naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Totally decadent treat, not sure if it is healthy or not...berries mixed with cream. Not half and half...cream. Plus a little agave or honey. Maybe you could try a protein powder made with egg protein, that might be a great way to get extra calories. You could have a shake with each meal. Best wishes,
Jan

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hello there

Hope you get some good results on the diet - fingers crossed for you.

I agree with Donette about the coconut flour baking.

Also, I always feel at my best when I eat two cooked meals a day. It seems to balance out my blood sugar and stops me getting light-headed, headachy or cranky! Having something cooked at lunchtime (if possible) is particulary good.

For example:

Breakfast: Grilled bacon, grilled tomato and roquette (cooked)
Lunch: Salad with smoked salmon and cream cheese (NOT cooked)
Dinner: Curry style chicken with vegetable side (cooked)

OR

Breakfast: Scrambled egg with mushrooms and spinach leaves (cooked)
Lunch: Left over chicken curry with salad (cooked)
Dinner: Crudities (cucumber, carrot, celery sticks) with garlic and herb cream cheese dip, ham and salad leaves (NOT cooked)

OR

Breakfast: yoghurt with honey, flaked almonds, raisins and chopped apricots (NOT cooked)
Lunch: Pork chop, spinach with creamy mushroom sauce (cooked)
Dinner: Pan fried white fish, varied salad with dressing (cooked)

Other cooked meal ideas:

Chilli mince (ground beef) but without the obvious kidney beans or rice! instead I put plenty of mushrooms in and use fresh chilli as instead of powdered and have salad on the side.

Beef burger put slice of cheese on top in last few minutes of cooking so it melts, serve with slices of tomato, cucumber and red onion.

Beef, pork or chicken casserole with vegetables.

TIP: For lunch, I often have something cooked and left over from the day before - especially things like chilli, curry or mince (ground beef) dishes.

Desserts:
Pavlova or meringue with fruit and cream
Creme brulee
Lemon syllabub
Chocolate mousse

Snacks:
10am (ish) Mid-morning snack and hot drink.
4pm (ish) Afternoon snack and hot drink.

Hope this helps!

Take care,
Tink

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 05/05/10 07:58 PM.

KickAS and help others do the same!
M
mcm Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
M
I wanted to throw in a 3rd vote for coconut flour baked goods - I've been in a baking slump, just tired of it -and I've lost more weight. It really helps me keep it on, but not gain - so don't know what to recommend there.

and tinkerbell - just wanted to say yum!

mcm #391221 05/05/10 11:28 PM
Warrior_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Hey I was just talking to a lady at the herbal store. She said people with IBS should not eat anything 'browned' by heat. She said carmelization is totally not good for IBS IBD.

Anyone else hear that?

She then went on and said all meat needs to be steamed or boiled.

Hey, somebody stole my quote! - Me
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: moosekick
Hey I was just talking to a lady at the herbal store. She said people with IBS should not eat anything 'browned' by heat. She said carmelization is totally not good for IBS IBD.

Anyone else hear that?

She then went on and said all meat needs to be steamed or boiled.

yes, for all inflamatory bowel diseases this is the best approach. Caramelization makes food harder to break (digest) so it's possible it arrives undigested in your gut where it can cause inflamation (or pain, bloating and more)

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
I have seen John (Dragonslayer) talk about the evils of caramelisation a few times... eek

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
Yeah.... caramelising turns those simple sugars into more complex and therefore slower to digest ones, meaning they're more likely to make it to places where they'll feed those beasties we're trying to starve. devil2

As for putting on weight... or at least stopping the weight loss, along with the coconut baked goodies think FAT and OIL. Mmmmm...... delicious fat.... Make sure you're getting enough calories by increasing the amount of good oils and fat in your diet. I use olive oil, flaxseed oil, walnut oil and more recently butter (have been off dairy) on everything. I've also found, especially when I'm heading out and about, that I do better if I have a really good cooked breakfast and lunch. Today for brekkie it was a fish fillet poached in bone broth with spinach, topped with fresh crushed garlic (fending off a cold, vampires will be avoiding me for sure!), a squeeze of lemon juice, a bit of butter and a splash of olive oil. Lunch is a chicken leg (thigh and drumstick, skin on) brushed with oil, lemon juice and thyme and baked and salad greens with cucumber and celery dressed in walnut oil. Eating like this during the day means I'll have a lighter dinner, probably a boiled egg mixed with some canned tuna (oil packed) on lightly steamed broccoli with herbs. I also have coconut oil by the teaspoonful during the day as part of a snack.

I don't know how your IBS/IBD is at the mo, but it might be best to increase the oil/fat gradually to make sure you don't react badly. My doc here mentioned that they encourage folk with gut issues to poach, steam or bake rather than pan fry meat. Advice I have generally ignored.... tongue4

"Traveler, there is no road, you make your path as you walk." - Antonio Machado
kurumi #391263 05/06/10 11:17 AM
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
@kurumi, i-m sorry that's not a lighter dinner hehehe - eggs and fish ?!

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 80 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,546 hmmm
1,323,749 OMG!!!!
712,225 PARTY TIME!