Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
that is really good to hear!

sue

Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Cool!!! Hope the good progress continues.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
L
Lon Offline
L
Tamara,
I hope you continue to get stronger and everyd day?
Please take care of yourself.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
L
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Hi Tamara, Just wanted to say thank you for sharing and recording your experiences. My husband has just had a similar operation done on his tendon in his foot and I used some of your advice to help me prepare for when he came home from hospital- including what gear we need in the house and what to expect from him pain and emotion wise. He's now just through his second week after surgery and doing well. I hope you too are feeling great. Kind regards Emily

New_Member
New_Member
Wow. Thank you so much for documenting all of that. It has been very helpful to me. I am going in friday for the same thing and have had so many fears and questions. I see you havn't posted in a while and I hope thats cause your so busy skipping. I to had to quit my enbral and nsaids. I am already really feeling the effects and getting more uncomfortable about the whole thing. I can think of nothing but the same things you described. Been trying to get everything in order and done before the surgery. The getting up and moving all night and how am I gonna be able to. Sitting in the same spot for an hour. I just can't imagine how im ever gonna get comfortable without being able to walk around. But anyway, would love to here a follow up and best of luck to you.

L
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Hi,

Friday is soon approaching. you have done well to give up your NSAIDS, I know that would be so difficult for my husband- you are very brave. I hope you have a lot of support at home and will be able to access your computer. Keep us updated on how you go also. Best wishes for Friday- I will keep you in my prayers.

Emily

New_Member
New_Member
Hi Emily, Well its Friday. That is so cool that someone a world away is praying for me. I am very nervous today. Not so much for the surgery itself, but the recover part without my meds. I already hurt and am getting stiff. But at this point I have to try to get through the fear and think positive. Still have 7 hours before the ordeal starts and just wish it was done. But anyway, thanks again and I will keep you posted. Chris

Hi Chris, I just caught your post now - I'll be thinking of you too! Hope it all goes well and please update us when you can.
lots of hugs

L
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Hi Chris,

Well the worst must be over now. How soon before you are able to take your meds? When you do update us on how you are doing please also leave a message on the '#1 Support Group Forum' at the top as it gets the most traffic. As we are all a family here and it good to have all the support/advice/encouragement you can get. Anyway my thoughts are with you. Take care, Emily

New_Member
New_Member
HI Emily, Megan, and everyone else. Thank you so much for taking the time to think about me. Well, it's Monday and hopefully things will start to get better day by day. The surgery went well. I got home Friday night and was feeling better than I thought I would. If anyone is doing this, get the block. Im a little hazy about Friday and Saturday now, but I think that is good. Time hasn't been dragging like I was expecting yet but I'm sure in time it will as I am already bored. I'm gonna try to update everyone once in a while just as Tamara did for us. However I am nowhere near as detailed as she is in her account so I'm just gonna try to add to her tips and tricks. First thing I would do if I was doing it all over again would be to practice. I wasn't supposed to have this done for another several months. But when they asked me to fill in a cancellation I jumped at the chance. I only had about 6 days to get ready and try to get things organized. By practice, I would suggest getting what you think you may need and start using it around your house. Try to do some simple things and see what you can do to make things easier before you are doing it for real. The day before my surgery, I was still rushing to finish up work details. So it wasn't till about 3 hours before that I got my crutches and decided to get them set up. I practiced for a while in the driveway and felt pretty confident I'd do alright. Not the case. After laying flat on my back for so long and being off my meds for a week, my hips had become very sore as did my shoulders. Also, the driveway practice didn't help much learning to negotiate obsticles like kids, dogs and coffee tables. Second thing, If your as stubborn as I am, stop it. I am very independant when it comes to my AS. I feel that if I ask for help, it is beating me. Pretty stupid really. But it makes it funny sometimes. Saturday morning, was my usual routine. I woke about 2am from the stiffness and the block was still working well. I didn't see any reason to not do my usual. Hopped out of bed and made my way to the kitchen for coffee. Heres where I was starting to realize that I hadn't planned very well. It was at that moment that I started to wonder why the coffe pot is 11 feet away from the sink. And why do I keep the coffe on the top shelf by the fridge and the filters on the bottom shelf across the kitchen. Finally after a bunch of manuvering I had coffee. I was so proud right up to the point where I had no idea how to get it to my comfy chair. So now I am using a bar stool to hold the coffee and sliding it along with me. And thats about how Staurday went the whole day. Sunday didn't goas well. I woke up about 2 again. But this time, I didn't feel like fighting the whole routine again. I took another pain pill and went back to sleep. Ended up in bed for about 10 hours. Talk about being stiff. Made for a long day just trying to get loosened up and comfortable. The block wore off finally, and suprisingly the foot hurts but not so bad. Nothing compared to the AS. When I asked the Dr. how long I would be off my meds, I was told the foot had to heal completely since I am on Enbral. Hopefully it will go quick. So, first thing, get your stuff and practice in the house. Second, ask for help. Third, move the coffee pot. I will continue to post for awhile when I have little tips. Thanks again for the support and hope everyone else is doing well. Chris

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,372,829 hmmm
1,326,235 OMG!!!!
713,961 PARTY TIME!