Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
step 1 of 3!

and now that it's been passed in the House, it goes to committee for more changes, and then on to the Senate, if whatever it has become by then passes there too, then on to the white house for signature, that's when it becomes law

not sure what this means to the Baucus bill that has also gotten through step1 in the Senate, maybe they'll just put both bills in a blender and see what happens

Dow
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
You must mean minorities like me.

Having perused some of those poll results, the minority shifted back and forth quite a bit. Reform is good. This particular bill or iteration of reform...well, I hope I'm wrong in my concerns.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Or the "Welfare Kings"....riding the gravy train does not only apply to women....

Last edited by Michelle70605; 11/08/09 01:09 PM.

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
LOL actually I don't put you in that group. I find your posts reasonable and I don't think you are for doing nothing. You disagree with the public option and I think there are some valid points for that position. I am not sure I agree but that is an OK thing to me. I have seen to many abuses at the hands of the insurance companies to not favor a public option or at least some massive regulatory reform on that industry. We are all influenced by our personal experiences.

There are way more extreme positions, on both sides, out there than yours that do bother me though and I see no logic behind them at all other than to benefit a very small section of the population at the expense of the majority.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Quote:

You must mean minorities like me.

being Green is a very liberal thing in these times!

and agree with Drizzit, you make very good points, this is not a simple issue, already bracing for the backlash- The insurance companies have announced that in retaliation to one of these bills being passed, they will raise premiums in the period prior to it becoming law, to protect their profits while they still can. I hope there will be a way to stop that from happening...

Dow
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Yea go figure removing the antitrust provisions that health care companies enjoy should stimulate competition right?? nah they get to all raise rates.

Sorry but the idea that there is any competition in the health care industry in the United States right now is just not true

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Glad to see that the House bill that just got through Step 1 of 3 includes a repeal of the 1945 McCarran-Ferguson Act:

WSJ Wider Oversight Looms for Insurers

Dow
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
if you are going to let these companies sell across state line then you have to have some federal oversight on them which they did not want.
As I understood it the republican proposal to allow companies to sell policies across state lines allowed them ignore stricter state rules if they were headquartered elsewhere and selling across state lines. This would stop that. I need to make sure on that though.

lots of twists and turns here

Last edited by drizzit; 11/09/09 06:01 AM.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
It's kind of coincidental that you mention them raising rates in the lull period before any changes take place via any law that is passed. I was thinking about this health care stuff earlier yesterday (mainly cursing the fact that they included an individual tax as opposed to a payroll tax like many other countries with publicly funded plans have...although any new tax doesn't sit well with me) and the exact same thought crossed my mind. Not only will they do that, but they will up the cancellations of policies retroactively, increase denials for service, and do anything else they can to increase the bottom line.

Also, I don't understand your comment about green??? Am I green like eco-green, like a "green horn", or are you calling yourself green? Help me understand. Also, liberal times? Please help me understand.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Yes, but under what provisions can the federal government regulate this? That is apparently where some of the confusion lies. I think arguments are being made that it doesn't fit under the ICC, therefore it is being questioned how the feds have any authority to regulate it. Watching this portion of it with great interest.

I don't know what, if any, kind of authority the FTC could exert.

Last edited by Jaybird; 11/09/09 03:12 PM.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,497 hmmm
1,323,721 OMG!!!!
712,207 PARTY TIME!