Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Alan,

I am so sorry for your loss. But, as you said, the suffering is over now. I'm not very good with words for these types of situations...so I will just say that you and your family are in my prayers...

Hugs,
Trina (another Canuck)

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Alan I wish you and your parents all strength to cope with this. I must say that I was very touched by your description of your brother in the former post and could feel the love you all felt for him.
Gerard

Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Alan,

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Although I haven't been around these last few days, I was fairly certain that Pual had passed. Just a feeling I guess. I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to meet up, and that I couldn't give you all these real hugs on behalf of all of those who love you here at KA, but I say I've been swamped would be an understatement. I do look forward to meeting up some day.

Something I've often heard said, and have further learned from my own experiences is there's no 'right' way to grieve. We all do it differently, in our own time. And grieving doesn't end with the memorial service, so don't let anyone make you think you should 'be over it' any time before you're ready. Dealing with grief can be a life-long process for some and take years for many.

Comfort comes to us in mysterious ways sometimes, and spending a lot of money is not an uncommon source of comfort in these difficult times. In all the work I've done it palliative care (and again with my own personal and family experiences), it's not uncommon for people to make big new purchases at times like these. When Devon died, his parents changed their car.

Just wanted to say that even though I haven't been around these last few days, you've been on my mind often. I've had to force myself to stop working and go for bathroom breaks this week. Next week I'm working up to making sure I eat from time to time. Ah, the wonderful early days of junior doctorship.

All our love and most comforting thoughts to you and yours.
Jeanna (& Loz)

E
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
E
Alan,

I saw your post... and wanted to express my deepest sympathy for the loss of your brother...I hope with time...when that pain has eased...that you and all who loved him...will smile again in your hearts with the beautiful memories of a lifetime shared...

I wish you all peace
Kathy

People will forget what you say
People will forget what you do
But people will never forget, how you made them feel
- Maya Angelou -

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Alan,
I just wanted to say that I am so so sorry to hear of your brother Paul's passing..

Please know that you will be in my family's thoughts and prayers..

I think we all handle a loss differently and as odd as it may feel it is normal. When my cousin passed this past January I went out with my children to the playground, to eat and out and about. I dont know why I was out all day but it was the best thing for me to do at the time.

Take care friend...

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Sorry to hear about your brother.

Take care.
Cara

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Thanks you 2. I have been in France for a while, hence the tardy response. You have all been so very thoughtful and kind. When I wake up I shall reply to all, in the meantime, have you worked out the corridor mileage at the city yet...X

Thnks to everyone.

Alan G

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Only caught this news today Alan - so very sorry to learn of the death of your brother. A sad time for you and for all your family. Please accept my sincere condolences -

Molly

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Kipps, 1 invisible), 39 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
New recipe website from Janneke
by DragonSlayer - 05/10/22 05:03 PM
Looking for help dealing with Heartburn
by Magician - 03/11/22 11:15 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Electromyography (EMG) test
by Magician - 10/01/21 04:03 AM