Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#263559 07/31/07 04:40 AM
E
Major_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Major_AS_Kicker
E
her long and painful battle is over...for she has slipped away...into the light... of the full moon...

A couple months back Lizzy wrote a letter to all who had supported her...I asked her if I could post it here... she seemed to be feeling better...she thought she was in remission...she had a lot of hope...her will was strong...she never gave up...but she asked me to wait...she wanted to give you all good news...so I respected her wishes...sadly the cancer came back ...more powerful than ever...

I would like to post it now...for it shows just how strong and positive she was... even during her darkest hours...it also shows how much she appreciated all who touched her life... with love...all those who cared...

and those of you here in KA who prayed for her...contacted her... kept her in your thoughts...I thank you all...from the bottom of my heart...

Good bye my lovely Libra lady...I thank you for being you...for you enriched my life...you made me smile...you made me laugh...you warmed my heart...I...will be forever grateful to have known you...it was an honor...to call you my friend...I love you Lizzy...

peace & love to all
Kathy

****************************************************************************************

Liz's letter follows;

Dear family and friends,

A donations drive has been created and launched by my dear friend,Diana Stapleton, my friend through my high school days, singing and theatre days, and now the hardest days of my battle with a serious form of Cancer. She has chosen to help in every level of my care, including assistance in defraying the unexpected, inordinate and catastrophic costs incurred by the explosion of severe cancer into ones' life.Including an emergency move and re-location back to Ontario, I also am no longer able to drive, or take the metro, I have been bed-ridden and house ridden for months, while enduring major surgery, procedures, hospitalizations and a year in chemotherapy, which required the acquisition of medical equipment, supplies and involving a team of doctors, nurses , home care and volunteers to assist with my care. The experience and financial devastation has been overwhelming.
Diana and her beloved circle of friends got together to ease some of the financial burden from myself and my loved ones, by putting together this remarkable fund. It has been a truly inspired experience, and your quick and generous responses, financial and items donations, your visits,donations of food, support phone calls, packages,home-made gifts, cards, emails, Cd's and more have been stunning. Thank-you for your support from the depths of my gratitude.
All the best of my love especially goes to the tireless and endless efforts and help on every level, given by my beloved family from the beginning of the illness and onwards: my mom, Jane, my sister Cathy and her husband, Mathew, my brother Mike and his wife, Sue, and all my nieces and nephews. I also wanted to thank those friends who went to great lengths of love and compassion to help me to manage the crisis explosion of the illness and also my long-term care in this ever-lengthening battle, especially, Maggie and Kerry Hayes and their family, Christopher Steel and the Steel family, Diana Stapleton and Bill Taylor, Shawn Campbell, Brenda Rundle, and all of those friends who have been there for me in so many different and creative ways. You have filled me with joy, the strength to endure, and love; the gifts of a lifetime. You have all helped me to save my life, as I grow stronger and stronger each day. I have many trials still to face but knowing you are all out there, I am confidant that I can make it. Thank-you for my life.
Love from the depths of my assuredly beating heart and a beaming Cancer and A.S.survivor,
Elizabeth Dixon

People will forget what you say
People will forget what you do
But people will never forget, how you made them feel
- Maya Angelou -

Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Kathy,
I'm sorry for your loss of a close friend and a very wonderful person. I remember your earlier post for Lizzy. Thanks for letting us know that Lizzy passed away. She will definitely be missed by many.

"Reality is the leading cause of stress--for those in touch with it." --Jane Wagner
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
im am very sorry for the loss of this very courageous woman a fighter to the end.....you post and her letter has me crying i didnt know her well but that doesnt matter does it.....i pray and i know where she is at she is in nomore pain and suffering and she is dancing and singing....im sorry i cant say more maybe when im done crying...im sorry ......oak

my little angels
Thank you for posting and sharing Kathy. She was in thoughts and prayers.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Dear kathy

I wasn't around during this time, but may I offer you my love and prayer for you loss and for her family also. I lost my father last january 2006 to cancer which in the end run riot through his body, they never give up with out a fight! I hope you can find peace and comfort in the coming months and smile at the wonderful memories you made together for nothing can take them from you. Be assured that she is free of pain now and at peace.

I don't know how spiritual you are because i don't know you, but I do feel my father near me nearly ever day wither its a smell or a memory or something strange out of the blue, I know that brings me amazing peace and I hope to that y ou and her family also will find a way that gives you comfort and peace.

All my love laura xx

LadyKitty Kicking AS When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary When troubles come and my heart burdened be Then, I am still and wait here in the silence, Until you come and sit awhile with me.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Kathy, thank you for letting us know about Lizzy. And for being there for her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and with Lizzy's family and those closest to her. This is never an easy time.

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

ironchef
ironchef
aloha kaki

such a loss...i hope you're well.
i know this friend has been a big part of your life; things pass; life changes.
you'll push on.
so much sorrow, so much pain.
all my best,
pu liki mau
aloha,
peni

I am so sorry about your friend and another beautiful soul taken from this life from this disgusting disease.

She is at rest now, although I am sure her family and friends are at such a loss.

Anytime we lose someone it is our own selfishness that wishes them to still be here, even though there is nothing wrong with that.

It sounds like she had a wonderful life and wonderful family and friends.

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

E
Major_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Major_AS_Kicker
E
Thank you Kathy...yes she will be missed...everyday...but my memories of her will always be gifts...and I will smile when I think of her

peace & love
Kathy

Last edited by earthwoman; 08/02/07 02:49 AM.

- Maya Angelou -

E
Major_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Major_AS_Kicker
E
Hello Oak,

Your reply really touched me...you are so right about Lizzy dancing and singing...for she was a teacher...an actress...a singer and a song writer...she was a very talented lady... and music was a big part of her life...it brought her much joy...so yes! I do believe she dancing... forever...pain free!

Thank-you Oak for your prayers
peace & love
Kathy

- Maya Angelou -

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod