Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobc Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I'm relatively new to the NSD, but am one of the lucky ones who has seen results in a matter of days. I'm very excited about continuing on this diet- even more so after I read all of the success stories on this site. My wife is very supportive of me in every way and I'm sure she'll continue to be supportive as I continue on this diet, but I don't want to force her to avoid all of the foods that I must avoid. Any suggestions for ways to deal with this?

Get busy living! www.sickopportunity.com
Bob Connors

Me and my girls
W
Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
W
Separate takeout? One with no cornstarch or soy sauce? You know about wheat free tamari soy sauce that you can keep a bottle of at home?

When we eat together, we tend to eat the same things. I might try to get him to eat a starch with it, but he may not want to. Unless it is a tortilla. If it's a restaurant, I am passing him the stuff I don't want. When we eat apart, he eats anything he wants. Since he has to eat out as a part of business sometimes, I have been repeatedly told not to worry if I think he's not getting enough grain carbs or starches because those restaurant meals are enough. He comes home and complains he gained weight and let's have salad with dinner.

It doesn't bother me in the least when somebody eats something different in front of me. Deprivation is a state of mind.

S
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
S
Hey Bob. . . I've been on the NSD for about two weeks now. I have a husband and four children in the house, but I'm the one who does the cooking. My husband likes to tease that I've been on some kind of diet the entire time he has known me, which has some basis of truth. I just keep making changes and fine tuning as I gather more information. I still cook normally for my family, but there is always a big green salad and fresh fruit. They may have meatloaf, baked potates, salad and fruit, but I'll be eating my ground turkey burger with the salad. It only takes a few minutes for me to make a turkey burger or piece of fish or chicken if I am cooking beef for them. Actually, my husband has learned that he feels better when he avoids potates and heavy carbs, but he doesn't always do it. My children eat healthier because there aren't many processed snacks in the house. They snack on fruit and fresh veggies while I making the salads.

My family stills enjoys all of their favorites. They understand that what I am doing may be different, but it is something that I have to do for me. And we are hoping that it will help. Finding this website and learning about the NSD has really helped me understand the commitment that I will need to sustain this diet. It is a major lifestyle change. It takes time and effort. I'm sure your wife can understand this and will be supportive. Let her decide what she will do for her. She may see the value of a heathier diet and adopt some of what you do, but will still have the freedom to have her favorites as well. Good Luck!

shelli

bobc Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Wind rider and Shelli,
Thanks for your thoughts. My wife and I have a pretty healthy diet now as it is so I don't think it'll be a huge adjustment. I think I will continue to cook things like potatoes and grains on my nights and just make sure that I have plenty of foods I can eat. It is a major lifestyle change but it's really worth it. This was my first week on the diet and I responded very well...until the chinese take-out the other night. I even tested it but chose to ignore the results as a sort of reward for myself. Some reward. Nothing like a good flare to motivate you to stick to the diet:-)
Anyway, thanks alot. I hope you both have continued success!
Bob

Get busy living! www.sickopportunity.com
Bob Connors

Me and my girls

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,369,098 hmmm
1,324,085 OMG!!!!
712,501 PARTY TIME!