Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#175829 11/11/04 04:51 PM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
hi folks,
family doc is calling in 15 days of prednisone for me at a low dose says nurse. he also is wanting me to take zoloft which he told her is for the neuropathic pain not depression. so i'm supposed to pick up the samples in a little while and the preddy at the pharmacy later.

anyone taken zoloft by chance? i'm hoping either one of these will stop this. it hurts to lift my right arm now much less rotate it.

thanks for any input!

Adios!
Buggie

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Hey Buggie,

I took Zoloft years ago to boost the serum level of Elavil I was taking up to where it was suppose to be. It has been so long that I don't remember that much about it. Here is a link that might help you out though.

Brent

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/paintreatment/a/chronicpain_4.htm

Sandy

D
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
D
Buggie,

I've been on 4 ssri's and they do nothing for the pain in my experience, probably less effective than ibrobrufen ie takes the edge off a growing bone spur.

Endep or Amytripline helped much better for the pain I had, screaming occiptials the best sleep for years...and I would think pretty cheap even in the USA.

Endep was pretty easy to come off, whereas many of the SSRI's are very hard to withdraw from and some have seroius side effect/ risks esp early on even on healthy people. that was the big scandal ref arapax/paxil. even pysks are asking for reviews of SSRI and how they are prescribed and to what type of patient.......

Good Luck buggie.....maybe you should go visit and ask him upfront?

David

J
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
J
Hi Buggy
I think Zoloft was the one that I tried for quitting smoking? I am not sure but I think that is the one Anti-depressant they gave me for quitting smoking. I do remember if that is the correct drug that it was awful for me. I was so stoned on it that I couldn't sleep for the three days I was on it and then said forget it and went on the patch.
I hope it will work better for you. My family doc always prescribes Amitriptline for pain. However, I can't take that one.
Good luck. I hpe it works for you!

Rene a.k.a Julie
Kodi

Julie

Kodi
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
thanks ! i'll check it out right now.
going to go pick up my preddy in a bit. i already took my first dose of zoloft. we'll see what happens or how long it takes to happen.
hopefully good results!

take care

Adios!
Buggie

Active_Member
Active_Member
I have taken Effexor for pain relief , IBS and GAD it worked very well. It takes up to 6 weeks for the full effects of the drug to work. SSRI's have alot for side effects but most of them dissapear after the first 2 weeks. The problem with ssri's is finding the right one to work for you. Currently I am on a combination of two. As far as coming off of them you have to be careful, very slowly cutting down on your dose. I found two weeks were bad but after that I was ok. (Bad as in I felt very stoned, not nesscessarly a bad thing). I still required some pain relief, but just tylenol a few days a week. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Laneblue

Laneblue
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I have taken it in the past. I really couldn't tell any difference one way or another so I decided that would be one less pill I would take.

I do hope it helps you and you get some relief soon.\
Joyce

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

D
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
D
Renee,

i had a several reactions on Endep/Amytrip pity because it's good but it masks the pain too much I do more and sleep on the affected nerves and end up with horrific issues......tardive neck spasms, migraines that are blue lightning storms and my IBD goes absolutely nuts.........but it's good for short term use......the odd night.....but my neuro and GP banned me from it ever again. Luckily my manager was a paramedic and saw it all and ordered me off them.....and my neuro and GP have also banned me from them........ since

My mum was on Zyban or Xanax which is weaker Zoloft....same issues as you for smoking. I've tried 4 of the SSRI's only 1 did n't send me over the edge, but I was doing things I should n;t have tried in my condition....and I got very combatative.......hahahaha makes me laugh now but.......

I've researched that whole area and SSRI;s are one well dodgy form of medication. They got through trials by suppressing data, and selecting the right patients......some studies since on normal certified folk given 1/3 dose they develop allsorts of mental problems on the drugs suicide violent thoughts severe sleeping patterns.....ie they can make certified normal people mentally ill.......and withdrawl the World Health Organisation lists them as some of the hardest drugs to withdrawl from, exceeding dependent/addictive......

So my advice and I've been through it with one of the best pysk's around is prescribing the drugs is that caution is required. Some of my friends who have had issues have been down that route and had similar issues with self harm and violence and huge difficulties coping with things they could prior to starting Arapax and Cipramil.........

Sorry, if your Dr wants to prescribe them ask him to start a 1/3 dose and see how he goes before you take them......they are pretty scary and my partner has said I will not live with you if you ever go back on those drugs.........

David

D
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
D
Buggie,

been given neurotonin it;s helping but if I react been told to go get some valerian....Dr.s orders she reckons it's one of the better ways of treating nerve pain.

David

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Hey David,

Sounds like those antidepressants hit you the way most nsaids hit me. I can't imagine what tardive neck spasms would be like. Made me think of the dry heaves that would not stop, but hopefully it would not be that strong.

I've taken Zyban a number of times and all I get is more of an urge to smoke with nasty tasting cigs. When I lived in Ca. they had me on some pretty wicked stuff to help with pain and sleep. I felt like a zombie for quite a while taking 375mgs elavil, haldol, ativan, vicodin, naprosyn, zantac and fastin. Then they would throw in a 7 dose pack of 10mg prednisone every other month or so which was 7 preds on day one, 6 on day two, 5 on day 3, etc..Talk about a cocktail.

Brent

Sandy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,115 hmmm
1,323,530 OMG!!!!
712,041 PARTY TIME!