Hi! We are sorta new...been researching a LOT and really appreciate this site. I was disappointed in the facebook AS "support" group, someone was upset that I said "juvenile onset" AS, and they do a lot of attacking of one another so I unjoined. I understand that it starts out differently. He has had pain since he was 8. Uveitis helped us figure out what's really going on with him. He does happen to be hlab27 positive also (ducking...that was another hot topic on the facebook site).
We have been low starch (very) for 5 days now. Also doing acv and cherry concentrate. My son has no pain today. It's early and every now and then he can have a pain free day before changing the eating so we will see if we can get a few or more good days for him this way. I'm hopeful for the first time in weeks. And *i* feel better eating this way in support of him- nice side effect.
Our first rhuem visit will be on June 22nd, at the U of MN which i am very hopeful about. I love them there. I'm hopeful they will be supportive.
Anyway, thank you for being here!
Sorry about the bandwidth!
Nicki