not being able to find the right word, worse and worse the older i get. at first it drove me crazy, then i got used to it, can compensate pretty well now. the biggest challenge is when i need to teach and can't find the word. it used to embarrass me, but now, i let the students give me the word. when i can remember all the "big" words and its the little words i forget, i realize the students know i know my stuff and am just having a senior moment. i'm only 48 and i really noticed it in my late 30s, early 40s, around the time of perimenopause.

i do find that the more tired i am, the worse it is. you mention fatigue. it may just be simply a manifestation of that.

do you notice that it is worse when you are more tired and better when you are less tired? i do. so i try to make sure i'm not sleep deprived on the days that i teach. of course pain often has other plans for us. so i just try to get as much sleep as i can.

and the only way i don't misplace my glasses, keys, etc is to always put them in the exact same place. i have a spot on my bookshelf at work for my glasses and my keys and glasses go on a shelf in the foyer when i get home. otherwise it would be hopeless!

Last edited by Sue22; 01/23/12 06:29 PM.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)