I have been following the nsd and other healing regimens religiously for the past year and a half. They have really, really helped me (I went from thinking disability was on my horizon to functioning almost back to my normal- which has been a bit slow and achy all my life- and even better than that on many days). Nevertheless, about twice a week I have had a spot on the outside (inside?) of my scapula (towards the backbone)that would give me nauseating pain. I would ride it out and it would only last for about a day on each occurrence.

I was SO CLOSE to feeling like a normal human being that in a moment of weakness (and fear, as I have to start taking a graduate school class in the fall, along with my full time job) I accepted a cortizone shot in the place of my pain. It got immediately a lot worse, which I assumed was a normal "cortisone flare", but it has been almost a week and a half now and my shoulder pain has gone from my normal tiny pea sized center of pain (I could never figure out how such a small area could effect my entire body so much)that responded well to stretching to a horrible shoulder-wide pinching ache that feels like it needs to be stabilized from moving. It feels like a sports injury instead of simple, annoying inflammation. It started to feel better four days in, but then it plateaued. Two days ago I gave it a good stretch (which made it MUCH WORSE) and then I had the area gently massaged yesterday (which has made the pain unbearable)

I was wondering, has anyone else had this type of experience? If so what did you do? How long did it last?

I am also wondering what kind of doctor should I visit? What should I ask for?

Please, please help me. I have not felt this kind of desperation in a very, very long time.

Stacey