Renee,

i had a several reactions on Endep/Amytrip pity because it's good but it masks the pain too much I do more and sleep on the affected nerves and end up with horrific issues......tardive neck spasms, migraines that are blue lightning storms and my IBD goes absolutely nuts.........but it's good for short term use......the odd night.....but my neuro and GP banned me from it ever again. Luckily my manager was a paramedic and saw it all and ordered me off them.....and my neuro and GP have also banned me from them........ since

My mum was on Zyban or Xanax which is weaker Zoloft....same issues as you for smoking. I've tried 4 of the SSRI's only 1 did n't send me over the edge, but I was doing things I should n;t have tried in my condition....and I got very combatative.......hahahaha makes me laugh now but.......

I've researched that whole area and SSRI;s are one well dodgy form of medication. They got through trials by suppressing data, and selecting the right patients......some studies since on normal certified folk given 1/3 dose they develop allsorts of mental problems on the drugs suicide violent thoughts severe sleeping patterns.....ie they can make certified normal people mentally ill.......and withdrawl the World Health Organisation lists them as some of the hardest drugs to withdrawl from, exceeding dependent/addictive......

So my advice and I've been through it with one of the best pysk's around is prescribing the drugs is that caution is required. Some of my friends who have had issues have been down that route and had similar issues with self harm and violence and huge difficulties coping with things they could prior to starting Arapax and Cipramil.........

Sorry, if your Dr wants to prescribe them ask him to start a 1/3 dose and see how he goes before you take them......they are pretty scary and my partner has said I will not live with you if you ever go back on those drugs.........

David