Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
#424898 12/17/10 02:31 PM
Inanna Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Yup, Jet I have one of those. Very different, not as dangerous. The only problem is you have to have a table beside you to put the darned thing on!!! laugh

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Inanna Offline OP
OP Offline
Holly, I hope Texas does legalize medicinal in your lifetime. The pain relief is extremely good, especially if you use a salve or the edibles. Very different from puffing and not as 'stunning' if you know what I mean. For me, especially the Autumn I was diagnosed, it means the difference between a full, spasm-free, night's sleep and not. When I was taking NSAIDS regularly, a few puffs on my pipe meant I didn't need to take the Celebrex the pain relief was so good. These days, even tho I'm on a biologic, I still have pain and it still makes the difference. The salve in particular has been a revelation because there's this spot just under my left Occiput that hurts almost non-stop. Nothing touches this, Tylenol 3, Celebrex, Remicade, Enbrel, not even Percocet touched it when I had to take that one time for something else. The MJ salve I use takes that pain away in five minutes flat. It's such a relief.

I just think everyone should have access to it.

Warm hugs,

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
I wish it was legal here. I mean, I have access to it (only to the kind you'd smoke…and who knows what’s in the stuff that comes off the street) but I would never do anything to jeopardize my relationship with my rheumy. If one of my tests came back positive for illegal drugs, and she dropped me as a patient, I don't know what I'd do.

It really isn't fair. I work, pay my taxes and hurt like hell. I can’t work full days because of the pain (and I own the business, so when I work less, the designers get less work, so they suffer too!). I’m not the mom or wife I am supposed to be. The meds I take aren't enough. I live at a 6-7 daily (on Enbrel). I should have the option of MJ (in whatever form). The way I look at it is that the government, by making it illegal, is taking away my ability to be the fully contributing member of society I would be if I were to live in less pain (and could, therefore, work full days, BE A BETTER MOM, etc.)

I’m sure this is a touchy subject for some. I’m just frustrated that so many of you have relief (that you deserve and have a right to!!) but because of where I live, I don’t have the option. I could move, I guess. “Hey kids, let’s move to _____________ so Mommy can get marijuana legally!” Heh.

~ Holly
Inanna Offline OP
OP Offline
I read this article in Time a month or so ago. It's very good. Talks about the varying laws depending on the state you live in, among myriad other things. Thought you might find it interesting:

The United States of Amerijuana

I hear you, Holly. I wish we all could have access to whatever it takes to get us on our feet and contributing again. I consider myself very lucky to live where I do when it comes to these things, but we've still a ways to go here on several fronts. There are some things that should be universal, world-wide. Good healthcare and easy access to effective medications (whether MJ or a biologic) are two of those things.

Hugs,

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
hey guys,

vaporizor = good lol

only thing is... coming from the street its not regulated so the effects differ. ive had some that reduces pain and the next day seems inflam is down. But ive also had some that was good at the time but next day soooo achy and painy like a dam hangover! legalizing gets me vote!

AS & Fibro. NSD + no sugar
Originally Posted By: Inanna
there's this spot just under my left Occiput that hurts almost non-stop. Nothing touches this, Tylenol 3, Celebrex, Remicade, Enbrel, not even Percocet touched it when I had to take that one time for something else. The MJ salve I use takes that pain away in five minutes flat. It's such a relief.

I just think everyone should have access to it.

interestingly, i have that spot too. it was my first spot even before the rest of my body became involved. a few things (PT, ultrasound, traction) have given it temporary relief. the KIP gel (ketoprofen/ibuprofen/piroxicam) helps too. i've found some good relief with topical stuff lately, like the KIP gel or flector patches, thus soon as its legal in NY state, i'm asking for that salve, it sounds awesome! so glad you've told us about it!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
J
jet
Unregistered
jet
Unregistered
J
"DA BUDDHA" is my friend.(made in USA)
ive told plenty of Dr's (rhuemy's, surgeons, GP etc etc i puff the stuff). they dont have a problem at all beside the obvious dangers of working or driving high or using power tools after a puff.

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Holly - you don't have to really worry about being caught out on a blood test, unless they are purposely screening you for opiates and related substances.

If you are having ESR, liver function etc - these are specific tests done by a specific technique - you could have all manner of other substances in your blood that these sorts of tests wouldn't reveal - are you having a tox screen routinely? - probably not, so you should be fine to stoke up the vapourizer and Breathe Deeply! laugh

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Holly, I've been prescribed nabilone - it's a synthetic that is sorta kinda like mj. It's in pill form, but I'm not sure if it's available in Texas or not. Maybe something to look into until you can try the real thing...

B
New_Member
New_Member
B
Thank you Earthwomen those visuals are great even without the herb.

Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 55 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,371,664 hmmm
1,325,637 OMG!!!!
713,549 PARTY TIME!