Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Massachussettes decriminalized the possession of an ounce or less of marijuana to a mere $100 civil fine. The measure passed by a landslide margin of 65 to 35 percent. The state legislature could repeal or amend the measure which is set to become law 30 days after it is set before the Governor in the end of November ... so any one know the most direct flights from Houston??

Inanna Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I've been thinking about joining our local Compassion Centre. They have the tincture too. How does it work for you? What are the effects like?

Thanks ahd hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Tincture, huh? No... no I like to smoke it. Yeah, not lots, not crazy.... it really helps me with all the muscular reactions. I have tried flexeril, valium, hydrocodone and others I can't remember over the last 20 years for the muscle spasms that have accompanied the skeletal stiffening, and they just haven't worked as well. My spine has straightened enough to make me 3/4 of an inch taller (so I've got that going for me) and this has made for rock hard muscle issues. Only pot relaxes. And with out all of the horrible cloudy brain issues (now of course there are other clarity issues, but nowhere near as unpleasant as the major pain killers...) I also find the relaxation lasts into the next day. Or maybe it is a deep enough relaxation to outlive the high. Seriously, 1 hit a night makes the difference. I'm a Mom, I don't go nuts.

Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
I have heard that tinctures give you a "slow down" type of feeling that last around 5 hours, and provide pain relief. I've also heard that smoking gives you a quicker up feeling and pain relief a for a few hours and sometimes lasts longer, but has the lung effects, and increased appetite. I would not drive with either. Eat citrus fruit with.

Sometimes I think my body is an inflammation nation.

AS for 20 years
HLAb27+, i think there was talk a negative result at later date, but never confirmed.
Have been on many different anti- inflammatory drugs (naproxen to arthrotec to vimovo). Now off all prescription meds except occasional advil or tylenol.
Don't underestimate the power of icing (I bought the biggest ice pack i could find and it is good at numbing pain).
Aaron
K
K
Any thoughts about the "munchies"? I do not need to gain weight. I do not have any trouble eating, in fact, that is most definately the way I cope with stress, pain related or otherwise. Any ideas on how to not eat but still get some relief?

Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Hi KellyS, sorry, no suggestions for avoiding the munchies other than make them for dinner, then go to bed.... (which will also be much better )
And check out this more current thread;

]https://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=support1&Number=324143&Searchpage=1&Main=324143&Words=&topic=1&Search=true#Post324143]

T
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
T
For munchies you could try to eat on hard candies, anything that takes a long time to eat, but keeps you busy. Gum works well for me actually. The other option is not to start. Because once you start you're going to eat everything in sight.

ironchef
ironchef
bumpity bump

there ought to something 'funny' on the first page of this forum

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Funny thing you should bump this one alohaben. Now that I'm a civilian once more, I've been thinking about the wonders of weed. It's probably something I'll save for socializing with my buddies on the mainland though.

I mean, come on, even Rush Limbaugh would have to admit that it makes more sense than taking Methotrexate!

Chris

Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
"For munchies you could try to eat on hard candies, anything that takes a long time to eat, but keeps you busy. Gum works well for me actually. The other option is not to start. Because once you start you're going to eat everything in sight."

just don't keep any in the house.

my photos http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13 avatar is the tattoo I got shortly after getting my AS diagnosis, it says "to be in good health"
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 92 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,371,849 hmmm
1,325,672 OMG!!!!
713,570 PARTY TIME!