It's been suggested that I might have this, though the cystoscopy was normal. I've had what seem to be UTIs with no bacteria seen microscopically (and no bacterial growth on culture). For the past 3 or so years, I've taken a nightly 50mg Macrodantin capsule to keep any bacterial growth at bay. Take a couple months off each year just for the break. Have tolerated it fine and had no extra infections at all. So they are going with just a siege of overactive bladder and gave me some samples for it. After reading the side-effects, I opted to skip the new drug and see if my new rx of hormones helps more. (dry mouth and dry eyes don't sound fun. Have to boost fluids due to the extra fiber I take due to taking opiates, so I don't relish those side-effects. Hoping the hormone replacement helps me more.)

Like the others say, you've got to get some proper antibiotics if you've had an infection diagnosed. What did your tests finally show? High protein isn't really indicative of an infection. High protein shows that there are some kidney issues. There shouldn't be much protein in urine...except possibly in the case of dehydration and some other stuff. If it's not an infection (dipstick would tell almost certainly, but a culture would be the best test of presence of infection), it's possible that it could be IC.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9