Hi,

I thought I was suffering from a UTI but now I am not so sure. I have been taking D'mannose but went to the doctor to have my urine tested in case it was not ecoli which is what d'mannose is effective for the most common cause of a UTI. My urine show as an infection but was high in protein. It is being sent off to test in case of infection. I have a script for antibiotics but really don't want to need to take them.

I still have discomfort and a pulling sore achey feeling over my bladder I also have pain across the lower back that comes and goes and pain down the inside of my legs/groin? which I think I have had once during a flare. It is uncomfortable to walk after sitting.
My urine was cloudy but isn't so much now though still some 'bits in' after taking the d'mannose but I would have thought the pain would have eased by now. I don't have the pain on urination (and didn't) just the discomfort and feeling of needing to go and sometimes warm as if I have been swimming.
I googled Interstitial Cystitis and one of the causes is the good old immune system attacking itself so I am wondering if this is a new type of flare for me frown I have tried to be careful not to eat anything that would aggravate the condition but having googled Interstitial Cystitis rather than UTI the dark chocolate I have been eating can make it worse (I know sugar but a girl needs some treats!)

Does anyone have any experience of this and advice!
x

NSD almost all the way
No dairy hard cheeses occasionally and homemade ghee
Still trying to work out what makes me tick and what makes me drop

'Chew your drinks and drink your foods'
'Let your knife & fork do the work of your teeth and let your teeth do the work of your stomach'
Mahatma Gandhi