Originally Posted By: avonldy
Tea, perhaps it would help if you could get your GP to give you scrips for the meds that you need. I know my GP is good about things like that. He probably couldn't give you something like a TNF blocker because the insurance would make problems, but most everything else would be OK. Have a talk with him about all the problems that you are having with the Rheumy. Your GP needs to know how bad the Rheumy is so he won't refer other patients if he can avoid it.

Donna,
Oddly enough, this bad rheumy wrote me new prescriptions for my meds with a bunch of refills -- and then he told me to stop taking them. LOL, that's about how much sense this joker made! At least I have an ample supply of meds, though. I take Cellcept and Plaquenil.

My GP is wonderful and she has been managing my care and writing prescriptions for me in the interim. However, I've been doing badly and she hasn't felt qualified to intervene in the autoimmune stuff. I see her next week and she'll be getting a full report on the bad rheum., lol.

Who, besides a rheum., can manage AS? Would an orthopedist work? We have several good ones here.