my appointments are now. that's largely because i really prepare.

i make sure my "medical resume" is up to date, print out a new copy, and hand it to the doctor when i get there.

i have a small spiral notepad (2x4 in) that i keep in my purse and take to every doctors appointment.

i keep all medical notes in that notepad, changing it out every year, so at the end of the year i have all my medical notes for that year in one place. i record the date, doctor's name, bp and weight at the top of each page. if its blood work or imaging, i keep track of that as well, with the date and what the tests were for specifically.

then on one page i list the comments and questions i have for the doctor.
and on the next page i write down everything the doctor tells me of significance.

i also go in with clear goals in mind and that goes on my comments/questions page.

then i'm receptive to what the doctor wants to accomplish and that goes on the other page as i take notes as he talks.

then at the end of the meeting, i summarize in a sentence or two what he wants me to try between then and our next visit.

in essence, my doctors' visits have become very much like any other meeting (i might have at work). and since i started approaching it like that, most of my visits are very productive. its only the doctors with whom i did not have good relationships with where the visits were less than productive.

a combination of reading the book, "how doctors think", and taking the best ideas from people here is what helped me become more efficient at the doctors.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)