Hi Everyone,
I just want you all to know I survived IKE. I spent Friday night with my son who lives 5 minutes from where I am here in Katy, we just got lots of rain and winds, lots of trees and fences down. Some roof problems. No water problems. My son is still without cable and Internet but we all have lights.
We have wall to wall coverage on our TV stations here. The devistation in the Galveston and some of the small surrounding small town is really bad.
I have been blessed.
Mitchelle I am so sorry for your loss. But very happy to know you and your family and dogs are alright.
I have been in the Houston area for 30 years now and we have had some hurricans, but nothing like this. Fema and the City folks are doing their best, but it is going to be a long haul. There are many that evacuated that have to be accounted for. And a lot of them will come back to nothing. They are saying now that since there are some that have not been located, they may have been washed out to sea.
One of our TV stations did a Helecopter fly over. Some were blessed and other total loss including businesses.
Any way I am really frustrated that I can't do physical labor to help out but I will do my part in giving to the Red Cross.

God bless you all,
Doreen