Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27
Pea #499816 01/23/14 06:18 AM
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Thanks Possi that sounds like exactly what I need right now! Unfortunately its not legal in NZ.

AS, IBS, reflux oesophagitis and dysphagia, PCOS/insulin resistance, asthma...
Currently managing my AS with humira, methotrexate, low starch diet and exercises. Also taking omeprazole, metformin etc.
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Just my 2 cents on the issue...I live in a state where it's legal for medical purposes, and I tried it for pain relief and it made my pain 100x WORSE. My entire body hurt. I don't have fibro, but I imagine that is what fibro feels like. It was awful. I have tried it about 5 times, and every time it is the same.

I have used the rubs, however, and those work great. I bought this clay that I put all over my hands. I was thinking of making my own with bees wax. I also want to try juicing it to see if that would make a difference, but it seems like a lot of work to grow it and juice it everyday.

I totally support medical marijuana, but for me it just isn't a solution. I just wanted to post this for people thinking of trying it because I had no idea it could increase pain so dramatically. I had only heard about it working to reduce pain.

Everything is okay. Trust yourself, and do not live from a place of fear.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Pea and Smiletoday,

Thanks for the experiential advice.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
S
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Hi Smiletoday. Just curious, what strain did you try?

S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Originally Posted By: Shyguy
Hi Smiletoday. Just curious, what strain did you try?

Indica. I'm not sure about the specifics other than that. I've considered trying Sativa, but I've heard it can make one feel paranoid and I'm also apprehensive due to my prior painful experiences.

Everything is okay. Trust yourself, and do not live from a place of fear.
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Since we are prone to pulmonary fibrosis, should we be smoking?,

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

S
seb Offline
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
S
I'm kind of hopeful that New Zealand will legalize medicinal marijuana in the near future. I really don't understand why cannabis is illegal. It's been proven to be one of the most powerful natural medicines in the world. THC and cannabanoids within cannabis have been shown to have anti-tumor effects which kill cancer cells. It is also shown to have great effects on patients with Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons, Arthritis and a whole wide array of auto-immune diseases. The effects of the cannabanoids suppress the immune system and reduce/prevent the immune system attacking itself affect.

How can marijuana be classified as a drug? It has never killed anyone in its 10,000 year recorded history of human use. More people die from eating peanuts than smoking marijuana.

Seems like many states in America are starting to decriminalize and often legalize medicinal marijuana and marijuana for recreational purposes. Uruguay was recently the first country in the world to fully legalize cannabis. Maybe it's only a matter of time before other countries start to follow this trend.

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
There is a huge amount publicised about the Medicinal effect of Marijuana on Arthritis and similar related disorders to which AS fits in.

Word of warning with smoking:

I used to smoke it when I was much younger & it helped to relax me and alleviate inflammation, but I found that smoking it would lead to chronic chest infections which brought with it intense flair ups. After a long time without it, I have come back out of retirement & I now use it if & when I get a flair up. I will either bake with it or use a vaporiser. I would strongly advise either - they are a much healthier way to consume it, and really helps me when I have a bad day.

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
I recommend trying high dose of baked goods if you can. Or a combo of baked and vaporiser. You want a lot of it so that you can feel the waves of energy passing through your whole body and you get the urge to tense all your body up and then release the tension. Magic. I haven't experimented enough with this, but I felt there was something to it. I felt those waves of energy to be healing and swear I could feel every cell in my body as the waves of energy washed over me.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
Hey dunno if this was already asked hear but I wondering what strain is recommened for pain reduction(indica vs sativa? is the Amount of THC vs cbd a factor to consider?

haha i tried some from my buddy the other week and it made me freak out lol and actually made me more paranoid about the pain..im guessing it was a sativa strain.
so im wondering maybe weed just doesnt work for me for pain relief( never had a tolerance for it when i was younger)

love to hear your opinion

Ev

Evan
Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 62 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,490 hmmm
1,323,137 OMG!!!!
711,750 PARTY TIME!