Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: CoatTails
I'm guessing similar articles have already been posted but here's another encouraging one on FMT/fecal therapy and Chrones. Very small study but 80-90 percent success rate!

http://www.ccfc.ca/site/c.ajIRK4NLLhJ0E/b.8343767/

Thanks for that information! smile

I will be passing it on to my stepfather who has crohn's.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
That one seems to be about Ulcerative Colitis rather than Crohn's. Unfortunately from the small studies available so far, fecal transplants don't appear to be very effective for Crohn's like they can be for C Diff and UC.

C
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
C
Uh oh, sorry for the tease.

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I'm waiting for this to come in tablet form.. then I am up for it ;-)

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Originally Posted By: zark
I'm waiting for this to come in tablet form.. then I am up for it ;-)

I second that!

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
http://wormswell.com/

First place i have found offering hook worms at an affordable price.

Who is going to be the guinea pig!?!?haha

Evan
L
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
L
nothing new, but they are speaking about tests for autoimune problems :
http://floracor.wordpress.com/2013/12/27...e-applications/

E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
I received this via email from the Dr at Taymount clinic in England (http://taymount.com/)

ENTEROPATHIC ARTHRITIS AND FMT

We had an interesting conversation that a patient today that we think prompts further investigation and research.
The patient is a 60 year old female with a diagnosis of a 10 year history of Ulcerative Colitis. Prior to FMT treatment she had 7-9 loose bowel movements per day. Today the patient underwent day 7 of a 10-day Faecal Microbiota Transplant program. During this morning’s procedure the patient revealed that she had been suffering from Enteropathic Arthritis (EA) for some considerable time. (See below for a brief explanation of EA courtesy of the Spondilitis Association of America).

Overview

Enteropathic (en-ter-o-path-ic) arthritis is a form of chronic, inflammatory arthritis associated with the occurrence of an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), the two best-known types of which are ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. About one in five people with Crohn's or ulcerative colitis will develop enteropathic arthritis. The most common areas affected by enteropathic arthritis are inflammation of the peripheral (limb) joints, as well as the abdominal pain and possibly bloody diarrhea associated with the IBD component of the disease. In some cases, the entire spine can become involved as well.

Is There a Cure?
Currently, there is no known cure for enteropathic arthritis but there are medications and therapies available to manage the symptoms of both the arthritis and bowel components of the disease.

Causes of Enteropathic Arthritis
Many people don't realize that the gastrointestinal tract contains the largest immune system in the body. The immune system is the body's natural defense against foreign invaders, and it is somehow altered in people who have these conditions. Some researchers believe that the long-lasting inflammation found in the intestines of people with IBD damages the bowel, which in turn may allow bacteria to enter the damaged bowel wall and circulate through the blood stream. The body's reaction to these bacteria may cause other problems including inflammation in the joints and/or spine, skin sores and inflammation of the eyes. Currently this hypothesis is neither fully understood nor confirmed by rigorous scientific study.

The patient expressed that she has suffered the pain from the Enteropathic Arthritis for so long that living with it has become part of her life. This morning she realised that the pain from the EA has actually stopped sometime in the last day or two but she cannot be specific as the reduction in pain has actually caught her by surprise.

Whilst academics and physicians are fixated on very large patient numbers when reviewing trials and research, let us not forget the case of Ship’s Surgeon James Lind of the Royal Navy who carried out the very first medical clinical trial in 1747 on board ship. Lind was trialling the use of Vitamin C to cure Scurvy which was ubiquitous at the time. Lind’s sample size was an n of 6 (3 in treatment and 3 control). Lind’s work was considered seminal both at the time and endures today and remember, with only an n of 6. Our observation of a single patient who has remission of the pain of Enteropathic Arthritis following treatment with Fecal Microbiota Transplant therapy, does need more study and we would like to see more specific results, but under “Lind’s Law” it also cannot be written off.

Evan
Excellent!

Will be nice when the FDA here in the U.S. allows FMT for more than just C. diff.

Progress, but slow progress.

Thanks for sharing this.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
Fwd

Dear Evan

The patient was in her second week of a 10-day course. She was on day 7 or 8 I would say.

We do not disclose our methods apart from to say that it is not naso-gastric.

We get a lot of people coming from the USA and Canada to visit us here in the UK for treatment.

The number of treatments is discussed and determined at the consultation with the microbiologist.

Kind regards

Evan
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 72 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,898 hmmm
1,323,968 OMG!!!!
712,409 PARTY TIME!