Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 361 of 566 1 2 359 360 361 362 363 565 566
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
1,200 metres in half an hour in the pool.

I went slowly but having just seen that video I think I´ll have raise my game before I visit the States.

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Hi Team! smile

Today I rode my trike 5.3 miles and didn't get rained on at all! These weird black low lying clouds have been moving east across the Grand Valley on and off all day, but not a drop of rain.
I swam 750 yds today, too. My plan is to work up one lap every other day and see if I can get back to 1,000 yds. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I rode 2 miles. Baaaaaad achy flare from this stupid weather. Yesterday I let it Kick me in the AS, but today I kicked back!

Originally Posted By: mcbee
Wow! This blog is very inspiring!

Agreed! How's the pedometer looking this week?
smile
Originally Posted By: Orch
I didn't get to run yesterday so I ran this morning. Ran 2.55 miles in 24:13 minutes. I will miss tomorrows run also as I am traveling.

Where are you? You're missing this weird weather! It's coming from your direction. Hope you're someplace having fun!
roll
Originally Posted By: WendyR
Off to get X-rays but have been barely able to walk the las few days. Went to doc today. He's suspicious of either hip cartilage tear or a crush injury or a fracture of the hip socket! Grrr!

What!? I'm so sorry!
hugss
Originally Posted By: Sue22
i have to even count total carbs to not feel like its nap time. but its ok, everything in moderation, right! smile so i spent the weekend walking around inside, shopping smile

Sue, I'm going to ask to take a class. I can't figure out the whole complex carb thing, and the truth is I really don't like food. Never have. I only like candy. Some lady told me that I'm supposed to count the carbs and subtract the fiber. Guh. I just had 1/2 bag of frozen veggies heated up with olive oil and soy sauce, because I HATE TO COOK! Enough of my whining... Good job shopping walking!
cheerleader
Originally Posted By: Lon
I have lifted and played with baby Em. she is 22 lbs. she likes for me to lift her up and off my chest!!!!!!

Gout + baby lifting counts DOUBLE!
1cup
Originally Posted By: Dow
living in the New York area, home of the Sopranos and all kinds of unsavory types, it gives me extra motivation to do those swim flip turns as fast as I can!!!

I want one! That was awesome! If I send you a clip of me on my trike can you blow me up with a grenade?! Or a drone attack!?
grin
Originally Posted By: Michelle70605
Bah-ha-haha!!! laugh2 laugh2 laugh2 I really got a kick out of this, Dow(no pun intended! smirk2)...you are so talented! clp:) Michelle

Ditto ditto ditto!
cheerleader
Michelle, where have you been? I know you're working out girlfriend!
heart
Originally Posted By: Lon
but my personal choice would have been to use a 380 semi, with a clip of jacketed bullets for deep water penetration!
Lon, I am certain that pastors aren't supposed to know about that kind of thing...just sayin'
devil2
Originally Posted By: fergus
went slowly but having just seen that video I think I´ll have raise my game before I visit the States.

Right?!?! laugh2

Okeedokee, everyone keep up the good work! We have to move it or lose it!
GO TEAM!
clap clap clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
hahahaha!!

thanks everybody! smile

my secret of how to make these videos:

Click to reveal..
In case anybody is curious, there is really nothing to making those videos with the explosions in the end. It's just a free iPhone app named "Action Movie" where you film the video within the app, and then select one of several ready-made disasters that get added at the end!

Course what would REALLY be a disaster is if my phone gets dropped in the pool tongue4

Dow
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Dow
hahahaha!!

thanks everybody! smile

my secret of how to make these videos:

Click to reveal..
In case anybody is curious, there is really nothing to making those videos with the explosions in the end. It's just a free iPhone app named "Action Movie" where you film the video within the app, and then select one of several ready-made disasters that get added at the end!

Course what would REALLY be a disaster is if my phone gets dropped in the pool tongue4

Awesome. I'm going to check and see if there's an android app right now!

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
This week
Monday I went swimming with a dolphin, not really much swimming. The dolphin pushed me across the pond. I did swim back with it swimming by us.

Tuesday: ran 3 miles on the ships track, then 1.5 miles on the elliptical.

Wednesday: Went snorkeling at St John.

Thursday: walked around San Juan distance???

Friday: Scuba diving at Grand Turk. The water was very clear. The people who went earlier in the day saw and swam with a whale shark. I saw the pictures, and am jealous.

Saturday: ran 2.5 miles on the ship then 1.5 miles on the elliptical.

Fun time I will try to put some pictures up.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
sounds like a great time! smile

yesterday, walked, 1.5 miles, 30 minutes, in the 40s, too cold for this time of year, when earlier it was in the 70s, brrr!

today its in the low to mid 50s, a tad better, but still......but it is sunny, so that's something. can't wait for the warm weather to return, end of the week, but then its supposed to rain.......

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Mr. Orch where wer you? I think we should be jealous of you and not you of other people. Sounds very nice. And Sue I hope the weather perks up, it can be tough to get out when its that cold.

I did 40 minutes on the bike today and 2000 metres in the pool on Friday.

another 1.5 miles, 30 minutes. a bit breezy, but warmer, and the sun beating down on my face sure did help. i may have looked silly wearing a hat, scarf, and gloves at the end of april, but at least i was warm smile

the birds certainly know its springtime. the robins are out in force! chickadees, red winged blackbirds, cardinals too. lots of singing. lots of gathering of nesting materials. fun to watch them while walking. smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch
This week
Monday I went swimming with a dolphin, not really much swimming. The dolphin pushed me across the pond.
Can't wait to see photos! clap

Originally Posted By: fergus
I did 40 minutes on the bike today and 2000 metres in the pool on Friday.
Do you swim every other day? roll

Originally Posted By: Sue22
another 1.5 miles, 30 minutes. a bit breezy, but warmer, and the sun beating down on my face sure did help. i may have looked silly wearing a hat, scarf, and gloves at the end of april, but at least i was warm smile
I think hats and gloves are cute! cheerleader

Yesterday I walked about a mile and swam 600 yds.
The day before I walked a little more than a mile.
The day before that I cleaned house for 3+ hours.

GO TEAM! clap

Last edited by EricaK; 04/30/12 02:21 PM.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Erika, I was thinking about your question as to how you should go about increasing your distance to reach what you were doing before your last flair.
Honestly I don´t know and I wouldn´t listen to me but maybe by not pushing it and only going to where your body feels comfortable might be what I would do in your situation. When your body feels strong enough to go back to the greater distance you´ll feel it. My experience of pushing this condition is detrimental and I end up in a worse state than before. That is my ha´penny bit and nothing else.

Did another 2000 metres today in the pool.

My back has been at me ever so slightly since christmas and I am trying to keep to only that by swimming and taking the medication. Some say that my medication stops having the same effect after a few years so maybe thats the problem since I have been on it for 5 years now or maybe since I lost my main income I have been running around trying to make up for it and my exercise suffered and then my back started at me. I don´t know, but I feel better when I am swimming so at the moment I am trying to swim as much as possible.

That´s a long winded answer if ever I saw one

Page 361 of 566 1 2 359 360 361 362 363 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,566 hmmm
1,323,758 OMG!!!!
712,236 PARTY TIME!