Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dusty1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anybody had large, red, fast spreading hot rashes suddenly appear?
These came on two days ago an hour after getting up. Within in 40 mins my thighs were an angry mass of killer red welts. Spreading down to my feet and also back of my arms and back. Off to hospital and phenergan and a steroids had It back under control.. No idea what triggered it. Doc had no solutions to the cause......
Is this an AS thing or just a reaction?
Any ideas would be a huge help
Julian

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
sounds like a rash i've had a few times on my legs only worse.

first time it was part of a bad flare that i had. if i could figure out what gets my flares going, i'd know what gave me the rash.

this past summer, a bad hard fall on the hard kitchen floor started a flare, part of that was "the rash".

for me, the rash is mostly on the shins, top of foot, some on calves, some on thighs, a few "welts" on forearms and back of hands.

my rheumatologists have told me that the rash is just part of my "inflammatory "autoimmune" response".

the rash consists of raised red very itchy welts. topical cortisone creme helps with the itching. ice helps too.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Dusty1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Sue... This is the second dose in 12 months.... At least I now have a lead to chase down.. Forgot to mention it dropped my heart rate at the hospital whilst I was sitting up holding ice packs to my feet down to 48 beats a minute.. Apparently that's ok if I can still talk :)) headed back to normal rates as the drugs kicked in....
It's so awesome to have somewhere to go to speak with people going through this not just medico's following the book.
This place is a sanity/ lifesaver without a doubt..

Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Not sure what your rash is due to, but want to commiserate. I woke with a lacy bruise type of area on my L thigh. Not totally sure what it is either.

Yours sounds allergic, since steroids brought it down. Or just another of those 'amusing' auto-immune things.... Hope it stays gone this time. Any new meds or new exposures? That's my only contribution.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Hi Dusty

I thought I was the only one that dealt with this problem with rashes. I have had the same rash for 3 years and colder weather just makes it worse. My doctor said it was dry skin but I have to disagree with him on this one. I have one rash that is under my right arm, the elbow and the other elbow on the other side, back of one leg and my left ankle. The reason I do not think it is dry skin is that the patches are always the same size and shape every year. I do not think dry skin is like that. The morning is always the worst with burning and itching and little scabs appearing.

My doctor gave me an ointment called triamcinolon that I put on the affected areas each morning. The ointment works pretty well at keeping the rash under control.

I do not know exactly what you use but I can tell you it works pretty well for me. Hope you find something that works for you.

If you find out what it is, I am sure a lot of folks here would like to know what it is (if it has a name).

Take Care!!!

I can not defeat you but I will not let you win

Jeff

Degenrative disc disease 2005
AS 2008 HLA-B27-
Fibromyalgia 2010
Disability 2012
Back to work part time 2013
Enbrel, Cymbalta,Oxycodone, blah blah blah blah
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
I have a question concerning rashes - My oldest gets these gray patches, an inch to two inch gray patches. It's very odd. The dermatologist had no idea what they were.

She also has psoriasis.
Haven't had her tested for B27, but she is going starch free with me willingly.

Iritis first diagnosed in 1991, presently recurrent and steroid resistant.
Tested HLA B27 positive in 1996.
AS diagnosed October of 2011.

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,369,166 hmmm
1,324,138 OMG!!!!
712,526 PARTY TIME!