Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
My Dear Wendy,
I certainly agree we need to go to the cause of abuse, who is doing the abusing and get it stopped. I am old enough now to see this thing be generational. As I stay in contact with friends from churches in the past I can see that some behavior no matter how hurtful and devistating they are; become repeated from generation to generation. Building more wharhouses for kids, spending more money - no.
We need a few tough people holding the perpitrators responsible.
Lets unite on being pro child! Did I tell you that my 40 yeqr old daughter has decided to have a child for her second husband? She is so excited.
Did you have a good weekend?
agape'
Lon

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
That's wonderful news about your daughter, Lon! And yes, I had a great weekend. My daughter arrived back from her trip to pickup my granddaughter but both stayed for part of the weekend and we had fun together.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
L
Lon Offline
L
Wendy,
How are you today?
My knees are just killing me.
I am only doing part of the exercise I have done all my life.
My back is so stiff and painful, I think it pulls the knees out of joint.
My joints are not wearing out, they just throbb.
What areas are you having trouble?
I am hoping to have carpel tunnerl surgery on my left wrist soon. Some Dr. in this area are doing surgery on the lower neck, back to stop that pain.
thanks for listening.
Lon

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Lon,

Today I have a headache which is unusual for me at the moment - I think all these pain meds have been keeping my headaches at bay. I have been a migraine sufferer for most of my life but have not suffered much from headaches still starting to take heavy duty pain meds.

However, I have a horrid time adjusting to the time change - it takes me days - often more than a week. So I got hardly any sleep last night and woke with the headache. I'm walking around in a codeine-induced stupor but the headache still hasn't gone. Grrrr......

Otherwise I'd be in a good space because the sun is shining and my youngest son is visiting from the city and we don't see him all that often (he's 27).

Sorry you're not feeling so good. Big hugs and kisses winging their way to you to try and lift you up. hugss kiss

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
L
Lon Offline
L
Wendy,
Light snow is falling, yea!!!..
I do not think I have had a migrain, but once I got on the c-pap machine, nealry half the head ache went away. I was not getting enough oxygen. sometimes during the day, I have to take a hit off the inhaler and then walk a bit to get the headache to die down.
Are you visiting with your son?
We just bought our tickets to Seattle, so we look forward to that trip.I usually get real stiff, from the ride and then more sitting. even though I do walk several times a day if I can.
What do you think about the geridia in the water?
I hope you will find osmething that helps with the pain.
Lon

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Lon,

I'm quite glad we don't have snow. In fact, we have glorious sunshine and it was about +12 degrees C today. Yes, I'm having a nice visit with my youngest son. We have a little cabin that they are staying in and then they come down to the house at various times - last night they had dinner with us.

I'm very careful about drinking water when I'm hiking and camping (not that I'm doing that right now) because of giardia. What precisely were you thinking about when you asked me what I think about it in the water?

Headache's gone - yeah! Just dealing with the regular joint pains that are not too bad right now thanks to prednisone.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Lon, I have been on Allipurinol for about a year and a half for very high Uric Acid levels. It can cause kidney stones and the uric acid can settle in the joints. The crystals can just cut and be very painful. I didn't have gout either but they thought my pain might get better when it was down. It didn't. I passed some kidney crystals and was thankful they had not joined together to a stone.

Are you on medicine? watching the diet and eating nothing rich?

Best wishes.
Possi

PS They stopped my Allipurinol because I am going back on Imuran and there is a big problem with taking those two together.

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Lon, I am so sorry about your lab/med results. I hate it you are having so much trouble. You are too special to have to go through this. You inspire me by going ahead and traveling and doing the things you do.

We got tickets for FL for our grand daughter's graduation in June. Just stepping out on faith. 6 of us from here are going and we are going to celebrate our 50th anniversary while we are there. Can't believe that one! It will be early but we will all be together.

Your little one sounds so precious. There is nothing like grandkids.

Take care of yourself.
Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I am going back on Imuran Wendy. I took it for at least 8-10 years and had to stop it when I went on the Remicade. It hasn't gotten here yet but any day now. It does help my Lupus. He put me back on it too quick after stopping the Remicade and my face was swollen like a watermelon. I stopped it and we haven't tried in a while but I have to do something. I am not afraid to try again and I know what to do for reaction if I have one. I am down to 2 mg. Pred and I hurt so bad but I am sticking it out. I have to since my intestines have gotten so thin. I can't afford any more of the tearing and bleeding. I am about to get my iron back up though.

Hope you are having a good week. We had a beautiful day today and supposed to have several inches of snow Sat. I think it has been the longest winter.

Hugs.
Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Possi,

I didn't realize that there was another possible medication for you so I'm excited to think you might have an option other than just pain meds. Did it work well when you used it for all those years?

I got my pred down to 3mg but went up again once the doc recognized that the mtx wasn't working. I'm at 6mg now which is enough to take the edge off but not enough to get me to a low enough pain level that I can start excercising. I've bumped my mtx up to 20mg (it was 15mg before) so will sit at this for a few weeks to see if that will help.

Great news about your travel plans and your 50th anniversary. That's brilliant. Robin and I are coming up to a major one on 24th - 31 years.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,369,098 hmmm
1,324,085 OMG!!!!
712,501 PARTY TIME!