Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
New_Member
New_Member
Well its been three weeks since the surgery now. I don't have a whole lot of tips or tricks that Tamara didn't add. I'll be honest though. This has been the hardest thing I have ever been through I think. The AS has just been horrible. The pain everywhere has totally over shadowed the foot. I had my first post op the other day and got my first look. They found alot more damage than they were anticipating and did alot of stuff. I didn't count how many staples were removed but the incisions were bigger than I anticipated. They also broke bones to remove the arch and added screws. I hardly recognized it. I have a hard time believeing they could do some much and I havn't felt it compared to the hip pain and everything other joint. It is healing at a very fast pace. They were amazed at how good it looked and said I must have been very good about keeping it up all day. I wonder if the overly active AS immune system helps to heal that kind of stuff because I have been a terrible patient. I can not sit anywhere for long and have done everything but play soccer with it so far. Good news though, it is healing so good thay let me start the Enbrel again. Happy days ahead. I really don't think I could have gone another week without my AS meds. Couple tips though. I wasted my money on crutches I couldn't use. When the AS really got to kickin, I couldn't support myself by my shoulders. I have been using a walker the whole time. Unlike Tamara, I got one that does have the wheels but it also has easy to use breaks. It has the fold down seat which works great for putting your knee on and works like a knee scooter. You can also use the seat to move stuff around with you. I always wore a sweetshirt shirt with the hand pocket and pajama bottoms with pockets to. Carry your stuff like pain pills, telephone, and a water bottle with you. I case you get that brief moment of being comfortable you dont want to have to get up. Good luck to everyone planning this in the future. Chris

L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Chris,
When it is darkest and hurts the most, it may help to know, others have goen thorugh it and survived. They know and understand. Keep us posted. Sometimes I have posted a negative post aobut my life and the pain, only to realize when I am done, that I feel a bit better.
Merry Christmas

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ali113), 57 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,636 hmmm
1,323,810 OMG!!!!
712,260 PARTY TIME!