Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
New_Member
New_Member
J
Hi Cynthia,

I agree with Jeanne, stop the orange juice. When I was trying to figure out the NSD for myself, that was one of the last things I eliminated out of my diet before things really started to click. It took 1.5 months for me to get to that point. The OJ tested fine for me, too, and I have tried to reintroduce it a couple times, but always with the same, bad results.

Good luck,

Jeanette

D
OP Offline
D
No, I don't think he's ever had that. What is it, and what is the purpose??

Thanks!

G
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
G
Hi Cynthia, It is a sort of Antibiotic I believe. When i took it i took the enteric coated pill. The theory i believe is being enteric coated it gets to the colon and acts as a cleanser, and deals with any residual starch. I am sure John or someone else will give a more precise explanation on the benefits. It did work for me in my early years on the NSD/LSD. George

Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
Hi Cynthia - here is some info on candida and an online quiz you can take:

http://www.mall-net.com/cgibin/quiz4.cgi?quiz=crook.qa

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/

There are so many pear varieties now. I use regular old bosc and they are fine, let them get really ripe. I wouldn't trust the varieties that you eat hard like an apple, I think they are the asian type pears, they may be starchy.

Also for beverages, there are so many herbal teas or infusions now, and they are caffeine free and pretty tasty. You could even make ice tea and sweeten with a little liquid stevia, look for the drops in your health food store, as the powder form may contain starch.

I hope eliminating the OJ does the trick!

P
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
P
I am not on Dmards and won't be. But I wanted to try the NSD diet. I am also B-27 neg. do you think I would be wasting my time? Or should I try it anyway.

G
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
G
Patty, I know that Ebringer is currently looking at 27 neg. I think you should try it. What do you have to lose? Good luck George

There have been 2 HLA B27 negatives that have responded to the diet as I recall over the years. I do not recall if eliminated all the symptoms.

I also do not know if everyone currently is HLA B27+ that is posting in the forum.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Hi Cynthia,

My diet for the first 1/2 yr was so basic and repetitive... I ate the same foods constantly (and never used iodine). The first couple weeks was even more basic.

You may want to consider a step back, keep diet very basic for a month and see if you notice results.

Here are my comments regarding your food list...

Bacon (ours tests fine)
Bratwurst
- I stayed away from these early on as I had issues with these. However was breakfast sausage and not bratwurst (I am from WI... love bratwurst). I see that you are testing with iodine... but I am always leary of processed foods and I would consider these each a bit processed.

Onions
Asparagus
- Some have issues with these foods due to FOS. FOS feeds bacteria. I have never had issues with these foods however.

Miracle 2000 - I do not know what this is, but I had several issues with supplements and I became very flared and it was only the capsule that was the issue.

Healthy Trinity
Homebrewed sauerkraut
- I believe these are a great help in healing... however, if my AS was not under control... i.e. was having some intestinal issues, any probiotics would make matters worse for me. It seemed my system would have to clear out for a month before I could restart probiotics. But I believe they are important for long term healing that has allowed me to cheat more on the diet. Probiotics for me was a mystery at times... but I know they caused issues at times.

Mustards (test fine)
Orange Juice (tests fine)
Mayo (tests fine)
- Ditto earlier comments about OJ. Mustard and Mayo I also consider processed... did not try mustard until this last year and I did fine. I see you are testing with iodine. Just pointing out I avoided all processed foods early on... exception was Worchestshire Sauce and a bottled tomato product.

Almonds, from BJ's - they are blanched, roasted & salted.
Homemade almond biscuits (these have butter in them, so might present a dairy issue)
Homemade almond cake (also have butter; both these recipies are from Carol Sinclair's book)
- Almonds cause issues for some in excess. I know a lot bake here with almond flour... but I wonder for those that have issues and not responding to diet if it is because of too much almonds.

That is my 2 cents / 6 centavos

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
P
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
P
Thanks George. That is what I have been thinking also. At this point it can only help.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,408 hmmm
1,323,670 OMG!!!!
712,155 PARTY TIME!