Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
New_Member
New_Member
F
Steve,

Well It's 5 weeks today...I was out last Sunday in OC paddling around. It feels great! No more pain. I didn't try to stand up yet. The replacement was on my left hip, I'm a regular foot and that my lead leg. Getting it up to my chest is still tough. I am at about 50 degrees...way passed 90 degeers. I need to get to about 40 degrees before I can get to under me to be able to pop up. Shame I not goofy. Never the less I am confident I'll be rockin by July. I just want to make sure that the joint capsule is strong as possible. I have been stretching and lifting like a muther. Going back to Dr Zibinski next week for the last check. What Doc are you going to? Ask if he does the 2 cut micro surgery with the big femoral head. That's the key. I talked to other people that had the standard THR and they can't believe how fast I am coming back. Keep me posted and good luck. Going to Nicaragua next April with my surf club, it's a great trip. Maybe you can join us. We'll be the bionic surfers! If you need to contact me my cell is 856-278-5980

Fish

P
postal Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
Hey Fish sounds great your getting better fast !!Its giving me hope hearing your story..I honestly think im about done surfing till something is done my hip took another turn and the pain is unbearable and I lost certain movement that i need to surf and to walk normally I gotta hobble around now pretty bad .I am a goofy haha and its my right hip so its my lead leg also so every time I go to stand I get shooting pain up and down my leg .Ill bet it felt great to paddle around if I dont surf for just a week I get really upset missing it so badly..That trip sounds really awesome ive been to a bunch of spots around the world but never surfed there I would love to do that trip with you guys thanks!I am also planning to go back to puerto rico this winter for a while not sure if you have ever been there but im sure you would like it awesome surf and good friends there.. and where I live there its basically all rights perfect for reg foots!..Ill give you a ring soon to talk about hips there is still some stuff im courious about.And we sure would be the bionic surfers haha nobody would prob believe it haha..Take care fish ..Steve

You havent lived until you ride a wave .The best medication of all SURFING.
F
New_Member
New_Member
F
Steve,

I should have known from your picture your goofy. Great bottom turn. Is that LBI? Yeah give me a call and I can give you better details on the surgery, the rehab and what you can expect. I do find it interesting all the guys I know that surf and have hip troubles, it's always their lead leg. I wonder why that is. If it was my back leg I'd be surf right now. It's just a matter of bending that front leg a that tight angle that gets you to pop up. Every day I get closer and closer. The new hip is super stable and the leg is getting stronger by the day. I think is just a matter of time. Got to break up the scar tissue. I'll talk to you soon.
Fish

F
New_Member
New_Member
F
http://www.corkycarroll.com/column/051105.html

Steve check out this story from Corky Carroll. It's about a buddy of his with 2 Hip Replacements!

F
New_Member
New_Member
F
Oh yeah I've been to PR many times. I like Maria's and Wilderness best. A guy I know has a cool cafe down there. Mitch Leonard he use to work at Surfer Supplies in OC.

P
postal Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
Nice thanks for that link great story.Nice marias is my 2nd fav wave in pr after tres palmas.That pic on my sig is from the pier in ss heights from this past dec.I usually stick to ss unless I feel like mixing it up . I really love surfing the wooden jetty in lbi I had the best day ever there on the sad day of 9.11.01 lefts that went into the cove forever.What cafe is yer pal at the name sounds very familiar .is it the black eagle?Adios Steve

You havent lived until you ride a wave .The best medication of all SURFING.
F
New_Member
New_Member
F
Steve,

Mitch's place is called "The Spot" (787)823-3510...I do know the "Black Eagle"...good stuff!

Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Hi Steve,

I saw the TV movie with Ed Asner playing the part of Norman Cousins and also read the book written by Cousins. (Also called the Anatomy of an Illness). Movie came out in the mid 1980's.

Yes, parts about the surf were in the movie but the main theme throughout the movie was that Cousins healed himself through laughter. Yup, laughter! He spent a lot of time at home watching all the funniest movies that he could find and play them continuously.

He also bought joke books and maybe even listened to politicians too but he did crdit his incredibily renewed health to nothing but laughter and a clean life style.

Toss your pills guy and start reading some of your old posts! That's what helped me along.

George

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Funny, (not ha-ha funny) that I forgot the laughter as a cure part. Think I'll go read a bunch of everyon's old posts from the old forms. More Yucks back then. Not that this isn't a wonderful place now too, just a bit overwhelming in #'s and tough to get a fix on everybody.

Suppose I'm just aging too quickly and woried about being PC and not offending anyone. Smaller groups its easier to assume everyone is OK.

I have tossed my pills and maybe its not just laughter but the mere act of smiling that helps. I smile a lot lately and KickAS crowded or no makes me smile.

Thanks for the smile and healing (?) your reply brought me.

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
C
Lurker
Lurker
C
I haven't personally had a hip replacement,but I work with a guy who had BOTH his hips replaced, went through the rehab, and a year later has gone snow skiing! He's also playing tennis several times a week. Good luck if you have to deal with that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,712 hmmm
1,323,856 OMG!!!!
712,286 PARTY TIME!