Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
D
Firstly Thanks to AndyJ's sharing. Several years ago I am looking for the diet to control the pain of the AS. AndyJ’s success give me great inspiration and couragement, especially in the pamphlet “A Guide to Heath” most parts of the products which build the immune system belongs to Chinese Herbs medicine. I suddenly understand that Chinese herbal medicine maybe is more effective than the Western medicine. For most the Chinese medicine are herb but not all. So I try to read some Chinese traditional medicine books in which many patients recovered. So I got more confidence.(Even in china most AS patient choose western medicine method to cure AS. Nowadays talented Chinese medicine doctor become lesser and lesser, even in the Chinese traditional medicine school most students study the western medicine. )
I try to copy the prescription in the book to control the pain which every ASer have ever experienced. But the result is not so ideal, but luckily the pain is under control without Etanercept etc and any western medicine. Cheirapsis with the acupoint is very important which is effective the same with the herb medicine. In the Chinese medicine’s view the acupoint is medicine in the body which is the key of the immune system which balance the operation of the human body.
I recommend the chinsese acutpoint books(ahtho Zhou Erjin), maybe effects.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By davidchen

(Even in china most AS patient choose western medicine method to cure AS. Nowadays talented Chinese medicine doctor become lesser and lesser, even in the Chinese traditional medicine school most students study the western medicine. )

So are you suggesting that modern western medication works better than the traditional Chinese?

D
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
D
The problem is that maybe the most is not always right.The western medicine is based huge experiments and statics data which seems looks like more "strict" and "beautiful".

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Yes, while I was living in China I asked Chinese doctors in Western hospitals for treatment using TCM and they mostly laughed. Some did prescribe herbs alongside Western medicine and some of the TCM is not so subtle; it can interact with foods.

New_Member
New_Member
I have looked into a Chinese herb patent and studied the components offered in their newly branded pills. I have located most the ingredients within their proprietary pills. My next desire is to create the same pill of Chinese herbs and see if they work more effectively than Western medicine.

It would be hard to tell if they worked or did not work for you. I would think you need to stick with it for a reasonable length of time and you would need to establish a measurement basis for progress, improvement or progression into the positive. Did you have a way of measuring your success with the choices?

Don't confuse movement with actions.
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Some time back during my search for alternatives, I came across Bushen Qiangdu Zhilv decoction (Chinese medicine) for the treatment of AS. I never tried it since I could not get that. Any idea on this medicine's efficacy.

Jay

D
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
D
Hi, sexyAS
One big difference between the Chinese traditional medicine and the western medicine is that the prescription is different according the symptom of patients. For example one ASer suffers hip joint pain but one another with spine pain. And ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic disease with long term progress. In different phase different therapeutic method is selected. Maybe you are lucky the branded pills which you studied is just fit for you. But do not believe that one kind of pill will fit all of the ASers. In Chinese medicine viewer by most Chinese traditional doctors the real cause of the AS is the weakness of the kidney and energy flow of spine (Du channel). So most the effective pills include the herb whose function is to restore and speed up the blood, oxygen nutrition etc through the spine which is key of the biggest energy and controlling channel in our body.

About the success of the choices. In my opinion is not just focus the HLA-B27 is positive of negative. The real feeling of the body is more important, such as having a nicer sleep or walking at brisker pace. And in the recovery procedure may cause more pain, such as old fused joint become loose. But whole progress is towards to feeling better.

Last edited by davidchen; 02/23/19 04:06 AM.

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,369,098 hmmm
1,324,085 OMG!!!!
712,501 PARTY TIME!