Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AlexR Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Dear all,

For 3 weeks I am on NSD. I stopped with Biologics and decided to try it out.

I do hoverer have moderate amounts of pain. Say 1-2 out of 10 which are really uncomfortable or me. Also, I know that even such amounts of pain can cause changes in my spine which could not be reversed. Therefore, the 100% pain free is desirable.

However, I am eating strict, the pain persists. I dont know what shall I do. Give up? Or?

Consider my eating habits:
- Test everything with iodine
- no sugar
-only dried fruits
-apples
-tofu
- no milk products
- I try to separate oily food and fruits with time span of 2 h
- I even separate oily foods and stuff like tomato and peeper since the also contain sugar

Result: still have inflammation.

What should I do? Any ideas? Give it more time?

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hello Alex:

I've been on NSD/LSD since mid-2015 and my success varies.

Looking at your list I would suggest you go further with:
  • no dried fruits
  • only green apples as a snack (or other good ideas you have), they are not so sweet.
  • tofu is iffy, at least it is a trigger for me
  • I had to discard tomatoes but sometimes I try them only if cooked
  • zero coffee or tea (be kind to your gut).
I do eat:
  • avocados, fresh whole coconut, butter.
I was eating fruits (1 banana, 1 green apple, 1/2 cup blue berries in honey) as breakfast for three weeks and my disease entered my toes and fingers. I quit all fruit two days ago. Toe and finger symptoms got much better but the sacrum issue wont go away. My sacrum is burning and uncomfortable. My neck a bit too. I have never used biologics since I self diagnosed in 2015.

I am not sure what I have. Since January my symptoms seem more like Lyme Disease which at first looked like AS. Time will tell. I hope to know better in a few months using lab tests and seeing better trained doctors that also speak English.

Lack of much daily physical activity has caused a rapid decline.

Have you tried not eating?

Probiotics?

V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
I can not eat nightshades, such as tomatoes & bell peppers . Also, the body takes a while to heal, if you are making progress and it is just 10% a week in 10 weeks you might be at 100%.

Get rest, plenty of sunshine and stay with it, good job!!!

I also read that too much fructose(dried fruit ) can be troublesome. I read that keeping sugars/fructose under 20grams a day will help. I read it here:
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/08/09/rheumatoid-arthritis-remission.aspx

Last edited by ValsMum; 05/09/18 04:48 PM.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
My grandmother was unable to eat raw tomatoes when she was older. But I was told that she could eat them when cooked. The same thing seems to be happening to me (I think) and that is why I try them when cooked. Perhaps it is the acid really? Yes.... my tongue and gut are sensitive to the acid likely due the acids ability to penetrate because the tissues have cracks and holes.

Also, not all nightshades are created equal. I seem to have no reaction with bell peppers.

Nightshade Vegetables: How to Find Out If They're Bad for You - Dr. Axe

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
J
Lurker
Lurker
J
Hi. I found kickas 13 years ago and it save me. I followed a very strict diet, 100% for 6 years, and then discovered I could cheat a little with no return of symptoms. But it seems, I am getting sensitive again, and now need to return to a very strict diet.

It was more then just giving up starch for me, it was all sugars. Even ALL fresh fruit for almost the first full year of healing, but then I was able to tolerate fruit.

No dairy, no processed foods. Its easier to say what I can eat, which doesn't seem like much to some, but is actually plenty to choose from if you get creative. It has been mostly meats, fish, eggs and vegetables.

And not all veggies.....the ones to avoid at all cost and bring on the worst symptoms are potatoes and corn, then most root veggies & night shades.

I had to careful with supplements, even that small amount of starch kept me flaring in the beginning.

I also always used fresh, whole foods, no canned, no frozen, no pre cut, no packaged, etc. It was safer to do it all myself. It was crazy what they were allowed to add to processing foods and not list on the label. I think that has changed now, and its more transparent. But I don't trust it, so better safe then sorry.

I also started eating fermented sauerkraut, with every meal. I think this is key to healing the gut. And I only use coconut oil or olive oil for cooking.

Swimming was the best exercise and still is.

I hope this helps you.....and helps me get back to a strict diet again;)

Last edited by Jeannecmt; 05/17/18 02:55 PM.

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,115 hmmm
1,323,530 OMG!!!!
712,041 PARTY TIME!