Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
I just did my first infliximab infusion and, while I've done immunosuppressant drugs in the past, I was wondering what you guys normally do to help protect yourselves while your immune systems are compromised.

Do you take certain vitamins? If so, what brands/types? Do you avoid the public? Wash your hands more?

Literally any and all possible practices that you take are of interest to me! I'm trying to decide how to live my life with this new drug running through my veins.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
I do put in more of an effort re. avoiding infection such as your suggestion about more hand washing etc. The most important thing I found is the importance of seeing a doctor as soon as you notice any sign of an infection. In that way you can start of antibiotics as soon as possible. The sooner you start the sooner the infection is controlled and the sooner you can start back on the drug. I have never made any effort re. avoiding the public. Life is for living and that is just what I try to do. I made more of an effort when I first started on the treatment but like most things in life I found I manage very well with just a bit of common sense.

I take Multi vitamin, zinc, milk thistle, chlorella powder. I also have a bit of apple cider vinegar in the morning, also 1 tbsp coconut oil straight off the spoon. Even though you're on Infliximab try keep a healthy diet.

If I'm coming from a public place or around kids i always wash my hands with a good anti bacterial liquid. I have a rule with family if anyone has a cold they can't come over to my place, it works pretty well.

I'm against antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. I actually believe anti-biotics contributed significantly to my condition. An alternative would be Colloidal Silver, Food grade hydrogen peroxide or oregano oil.

1992-'93 DX Colitis -> Total Colectomy / J-Pouch.
2015 DX Sacroilitis (USpA)
Taking - Humira, MTX, Triphala, ReMag, Transdermal Magnesium, Lactoferrin, Peppermint oil.
Diet - No Sugar/Dairy/Starch/Alcohol
K
New_Member
New_Member
K
I believe that antibiotics was the eventual cause of my condition too. I am trying to decide whether to take the biogenic drugs or not. I tend to get sick all the time any how, so I think these drugs might kill me.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
vitamin C: 500-1000 mg daily, Ester C

vitamin D: 10,000 IU daily, vitamin shoppe brand (and yes, that much, not a typo to keep my levels where they should be)

LDN: low dose naltrexone...my rheumy prescribes both LDN and humira...as they affect the immune system differently, so they don't compete. humira only suppresses the TNF portion of the immune system and LDN up regulates the immune system by blocking other receptors and increasing endorphins.

get enough sleep.

eat a healthy whole foods diet.

get enough exercise, for me that is walking most days.

I don't avoid people, I don't wash my hands very much, etc.

I do avoid taking my Humira if I even think I might be getting sick...but usually its just me starting to flare, but can take a few days to see the difference, as the first symptoms of both are needing more sleep, body aches in general, no energy to do anything...then if its a cold, I get a sore throat and/or congestion...and if its a flare, well, you know all those symptoms.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,530 hmmm
1,323,735 OMG!!!!
712,219 PARTY TIME!