Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
IF by 'too much protein' you mean red meat...then, yes. Red meat is an inflammatory food - see this, just in:-
http://thehealtheducation.com/scientist-finally-discover-eating-red-meat-causes-cancer/

Humans are the only animals that have a higher risk of cancer when it comes to eating red meat, as other carnivores eat red meat naturally with no ill side effects. The study, which was published December 29 in the “Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,” discovered that a unique sugar named Neu5Gc, found in most mammals but not in humans, triggers an immune response that in turn causes inflammation

As for alcohol, beer is starchy. A glass of cold beer on a hot day is pretty good, but just not worth the after effects !

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I have kicked off some fasting to try to get back to a baseline of zero pain. Going on 48 hours, and I did have a spinach salad with olive oil about 24 hours in.

Strange thing is that I probably had my most intense pain of the past 6 months last night. Possible healing crisis? I hope so.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Just take some painkillers do you more good than all the spinach salad and olive oil in the world Well possibly that is

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I started eating again yesterday. Feel a lot better for whatever reason.

I am definitely far from giving up on experimentation with diet and lifestyle as a way to better manage the disease. I do not want to start the NSAIDs because I am concerned that it will make it more difficult to determine the cause/effect of diet & lifestyle (if it exists), and long term damage to my digestive system.

I am on Enbrel, so I am certainly not adverse to taking pharmaceuticals.

K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Hi Exacta - sounds like the fast was helpful? How long did you make it in the end?

I've been reading up on fasting and have seen many report that after a few days their aches and pains seem to get worse or even old injury sites flare up. This is interpreted as the body repairing those sites. I wonder if this was what was happening to you.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I fasted about 55 hours (minus the spinach salad). I actually feel great right now. I have been eating normally for 48 hours and went mountain biking yesterday.

I also started eating Natto on Monday based on another thread.

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I got my lab results back from when I was flaring up a few weeks ago.

My sed rate was a 2. I understand that this is normal and pretty low. Anything that I can conclude from this? Like I said, I know I was suffering back and neck pain at the time the blood was drawn.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Exacta

My sed rate was a 2. I understand that this is normal and pretty low. Anything that I can conclude from this?

I think that less notice is taken of Blood Sedimentation Rate these days. Whether high or low you can still have flare ups. As it is normal best just ignore it.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, Exacta:

ESR is a reliable test for disease activity in about 60% of AS patients; regret many patients cannot learn anything useful from this test.

I am glad You are doing so much better now, and it looks like You are narrowing in on the culprit(s)!

HEALTH,
John

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Regret that I am now flared back up. I have some natural anti-bacteria stuff on its way: Tanalbit, Biofilm defense, Berberine, & Uva Ursi.

If I cannot get some relief by my next Dr. appt in July, I am going to request a round of Cipro.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,530 hmmm
1,323,735 OMG!!!!
712,219 PARTY TIME!