Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I know that AS is commonly associated with morning stiffness and improvement with movement. I actually find that I feel better in the mornings, and then after several hours sitting at my desk and moving around the office that I start to get some pains in the afternoon and evening.

Anyone else share this pattern?

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
With A.S. anything is possible. Sorry that is no help to you but with A.S. sometimes that's just the way of it.

R
R
Have similar experience. But in my case I had the morning stiffness, than improvement with movement and than some pain in the late afternoon and evening. I felt better in the morning than in the evening.

New_Member
New_Member
My stiffness goes away with movement. In the morning I get up and move around. Most of the day I'm moving periodically. When I sit down to dinner, though I linger for half an hour or more enjoying my family and when I get up I waddle for a few minutes. They think it's funny (I have a 10 year old boy - all bodily functions are funny). So, for me...the stiffness returns after a period of inactivity.

DX: USpA 2007
2017 - Off of all medications, treating with supplements and diet
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Sounds a bit like me

I changed my chair at work several times before things got better

I have found how I sit and what I sit on even if briefly can make my pain or stiffness increase quickly

I will alternate sitting and standing at my desk also to find the right balance

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
Stiffness always worse in the morning when my AS presented more issues.. if i slept wrong, it could make so much pain could not get out of bed easily, would take me several minutes to try and roll out of bed to my hands and knees.

After hot shower and movement got better.. then depending on what I did during day could improve or worsen.

Best to you,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
There were times when laying to sleep hurt, sitting hurt, standing hurt, walking too much hurt....I was stiff and sore when I woke and I was sore and tired by the end of the day.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I wanted to follow up on this because at times it makes me question the diagnosis. I wake up every morning with zero pain. As the day goes on, pain creeps into my upper back and neck. Typically there is also tightness in my hips.

Any thoughts?

K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Exacta, have you ever had pain in the morning? Or has it always been later in the day? Is this every day or just when you flare? Also curious to know what is a flare like for you?

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
The moment I wake up in the morning I have no pain. I have also never had the characteristic AS issue of losing sleep due to stiffness during the night. I sleep just fine. Also never experienced uveitis.

When I flare, I typically develop pain in my back and neck throughout the day, as well as tightness in the hip joints. Also my left foot. It is usually accompanied by fatigue, depression, and general malaise.

My history is essentially that I had a bout of Reiter's in 2007, which made me aware of my HLA B27+ status and the autoimmune factor. I cruised along pretty nicely until 2016 when I started to develop back and neck pain. I essentially diagnosed myself with AS at that point, and my rheumatologist did not disagree.

I have responded pretty well to NSD. Alcohol makes me flare.

I know AS can vary widely between people. Curious whether anyone thinks that morning stiffness is so characteristic of AS that I should consider other diagnosis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 62 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,102 hmmm
1,323,518 OMG!!!!
712,033 PARTY TIME!