Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#516838 03/31/17 09:39 AM
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi all,

I was searching for availability of probiotics for gut cleaning. I have got the following as the probiotics action.

Quote:
Probiotic strains increased production of IL-1β, IL-6, IL-10, TNF-α, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and macrophage inflammatory protein 1α to different extents, but had no effect on the production of IL-2, IL-4, IL-5 or TNF-β. The cytokines that showed strain-specific modulation included IL-10, interferon-γ, TNF-α, IL-12p70, IL-6 and monocyte chemotactic protein-1. The Lactobacillus strains tended to promote T helper 1 cytokines, whereas bifidobacterial strains tended to produce a more anti-inflammatory profile. The results suggest that there was limited evidence of strain-specific effects of probiotics with respect to T cell and NK cell activation or NK cell activity, whereas production of some cytokines was differentially influenced by probiotic strains.

It says probiotics increases the production of TNF-α. Does this mean, using probioitcs will increase inflammation and subsequenly increase pain? Any thoughts?.

Whether anyone uses Yakult as Probiotics. It appears to have 6.5 billion beneficial bacteria (Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota) with added Sugar of 10 gm (only one bacteria). Whether people on diet can consume yakult.

Your experience and advice is welcome.

Regards.

Jay

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hi Jay, I can't answer your questions on the technicalities of probiotics. But I can tell you that prebiotics increase pain in me! I don't know the brand that you are referring to, but you need to find a brand that contains no prebiotics /fructooligosaccharides (fos) or inulin. One brand that meets this criterion is Amipro Daily Flora, and I think it is internationally available. It contains 15 billion organisms per capsule. I use it and am not conscious of any negative effects.

Hopefully somebody else will be able to give you a better answer, but I hope that helps in the meantime!

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Natren healthy trinity is my standby. Expensive though, and make sure it is delivered cold. Good luck.
ETTE.
Darrel

Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Janclebro,

Thank you. I will check for Amipro Daily Flora's availability.

What I have mentioned is probiotics. I think Yakult is also an international product. It is also having manufacturing facility in India.

Jay

Last edited by jay_bharat; 04/01/17 06:31 AM.
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Darrel,

I will check for the availability of Natren healthy trinity item.

Jay

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Yes I understand you are referring to probiotics, but many probiotics contain prebiotics. The probiotics are the healthy gut flora, and the prebiotics are intended as a food source for them. Unfortunately it seems that the prebiotics can also feed the klebsiella that we're trying to starve. So you need to buy a brand that doesn't contain prebiotics.

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Jay

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 68 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,261 hmmm
1,323,611 OMG!!!!
712,105 PARTY TIME!