Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Hi all...
I am having the same pain I had several months ago, in my right foot and knee. It's in my foot right at the base of my big toe, on the side. And the right side of my knee, just where my leg bends. Like the last time, it came out of the blue...I woke up with my knee in pain, and by mid day the toe hurt. It's been painful to walk the past several days. I took an Enbrel shot last night and today the toe is a little better.

The last time I went to the emergency room, where blood tests showed normal uric acid and white blood cell counts, but they gave me gout pills and antibiotics anyway. It didn't help but Enbrel did, and I'm hoping this stops by tomorrow. On top of that I caught a cold from a student, being so worn out from the pain I guess I was more susceptible.

I've also been having pain in my chest for two months, mostly on the left side. It's felt like tendon pain, but I worry about my heart. When this happened two years ago I went to the ER and they said I had costochondritis....anyone get this or get a different diagnosis? This has been happening even on Enbrel.

Linc O'Brien
K
Lurker
Lurker
K
Before I got the AS diagnosis I got a costochondritis diagnosis, of course AS is really tricky to diagnose (or in my case it was) so I went home and waited for it to go away and it did. Of course AS comes and goes so who knows? I get chest pains now, it's almost certainly AS given the location of my current back pain but I have to say that it isn't as intense as the time I got the costo diagnosis - that time it literally felt like someone kicked me in the chest. Go see a dr though - they don't mind if you ask them to listen to your heart for reassurance's sake - i do it all the time when I am aching:)

I also get what I call the "odds and ends roll call" of pains in my thumb, wrist, heel, hip and right pinky toe and not to forget the numbness on the outside of my thighs in the middle of the night that wakes me up. For me it's heat, magnesium and ibuprofen - I also notice I get more of the roll call when I haven't been exercising/stretching properly. Like... it's baaaaad today because it was 50mph winds outside and I did not want to walk.

L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Thanks Karen, today my foot and knee pain are gone, two days after my Enbrel shot, but I woke up with the chest pain, it hurt yesterday so today I went to my doctor.
After he heard my history with this pain he listened to my heart and thought it was costochondritis but said I should have seen a doc sooner. He said if it persists go to the ER. This has been happening since February and I don't know why it persists or why Enbrel didn't help...I think a shot helped one time. I took two Advil several hours ago but it's not helping.

Last edited by LINCinNYC; 04/01/17 09:08 PM.

Linc O'Brien
Hey Linc,

Good to see you posting. Hope the chest pain goes away and your feeling better soon.

You Rock!

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Hey Tim and all, an update.

Two days after I went to my doc about the chest pain i went to the ER and got X-rays and blood tests and EKG and all was normal. The pain was very real and yet when I heard the news in two days the pain went away! I've had some twinges in the past month or so but nothing like the constant pain I was in. Strange!

I was off Enbrel due to illness recently and had serious pain erupt in my right foot recently. My Rheumy said blood tests showed high uric acid and gave me meds. I see him in three months. I took Enbrel the day I flared up and by the fourth day the pain was gone. But it ruined the weekend as I just limped around.

This weekend was good. I'm hanging in there!
Peace
Linc

Linc O'Brien
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Linc- I hope that you get sme relief soon.
On Remicaid - I have had the best and the worst of times and pain the last month!

For all o four noram blood work and testing, we sure do have tremendous pain!!!!

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hello Linc.

I guess it's sort of good that no heart disease was found in you.

I often got chest and shoulder pain. One time it got really bad and went up into my neck and down my left arm. I just rode it out knowing that the symptoms go away when I take Mg regularly -- I was waiting a few weeks for a shipment to arrive.

Mg has made a great difference! I never feel chest pain anymore (knock on wood) and that "heart attack" feeling was about 18 months ago.

I hope this helps.
KG

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hey Linc

Glad to hear you got recent pains under control. I am going to find my way into city one day this summer to say hello face to face

Steve

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 68 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,261 hmmm
1,323,611 OMG!!!!
712,105 PARTY TIME!